• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poor Darcy!

Cathryn

Well I guess it had to happen, that Darcy would get put in his place by one of the older boys, but I was totally shocked by who put him in his place and the end result! :mad:

I have 3 adult boys, Logan (6) top dog, then Mr.Chips (4) another Blenheim and finally Nico (2 Tri) who is Darcy's older half brother.

Well, they had all been having a fine old time, been a walk together, sunbathing together, fine no problems, then Mr.Chips was having a sniff around in the kitchen when young Darcy comes barrelling in, slips and bangs into Chip's back end, and got snapped at hard by a shocked mr.Chips. Darcy starts yelping blue murder and after all the others had been put away so I could look at him, I discovered a bite wound up on his eyebrow. Bites are nasty, they have so much bacteria on their teeth it is like them being injected with it if they bitten, so straight off to the vets, of course it's after hours, so of course it's £45 for the vet to just show up, plus another £47 consult fee :mad: plus another £10 for the anti-biotics, main thing though is that he doesn't get an infection in the wound. To look at it you can't even see it, he's sulking a little but has lapped up all the extra attention, and I had to wrestle him away from my vet Emma who was making the most of a good puppy fix!!

I don't think Mr.chips meant to harm him, he was just putting Darcy in his place in the boys pecking order, I just figured it would be Logan and not Mr.chips who would do it, mind you Logan is the biggest softie out!

OK, had to get that off my chest, thanks for listening!!

Poor Darcy, and poor mum for the expenses. I have no advice. At one stage we had a Great Dane & 7 Boxers, and out of nowhere occasionally a blew would occur and yes it was off to the vet for stitches & antibiotics. I never did get to understand the dynamics of what had happened. They'd all be lovey dovey year in & year out & one day, kaboom.

Just a couple of thoughts though. Sometimes the quiet, more timid dogs will swing around & bite before looking (a form of fear biting), also is it possible he has some pain in his back legs & lashed out because he got hurt?

I would check Mr Chips back end my Barney is as soft has soap unless his hips and knees are hurting him
----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie--Barney---Sam)

Darcy doesn't take after Uncle Teddy, then. He's the one to put others in their place here. He bit Joly, a couple of days ago, because they both found a tiny little biscuit that Monty had lost from his bowl and knocked under the fridge.

I suppose too it could just be that he was truly startled and scared and lashed out. But the dynamics of dog groups are odd and unpredictable. Leo and Jaspar are generally inseperable but now and then have a serious fight where I can hardly get them apart. Fortunately no problem injuries as a result and also, it is rare.

Hi!

Glad to report that Darcy's wound is now scabbed up and very hard to find, even when he does keep still long enough :rolleyes:

Yes, I do feel that Chips was quite simply so distracted by what he was doing that he simply reacted out of fright rather than anger, I know he has no rear end troubles as he has just had his booster and a full MOT at the vets last week, still clear heart at 4 which is re-assuring to hear, I always have my heart in my mouth when they are listening to their hearts!

As the youngest male right now, Darcy is doing some MAJOR sucking up, Grandpop Logan is fine with him, he knows he's top dog anyway, chips is usually OK unless he has his favourite cuddly toy in his mouth (a near permanant fixture) and Nico, who is Darcy's older half brother is just really happy to have some-one to play with!

Happily I rarely get fights with the boys, this has been the first accident in a long time!

:thnku: for your kind thoughts!

Back