• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Eyes

AT

My oldie rescue cav has a sore eye ( not too bad , just a bit redder than normal) when I looked in her eyes I noticed she has a circle in front of the pupil of each eye, like a water mark on glass.
any idea's what it could be ?

I'd definitely be getting the vet to look at that. Could be a corneal ulcer, but without the right equipment (as the vet has) you can't tell yourself.

Its in both eyes ( same shape & size, a ring with a clear center ) but only one is sore. It doesn't look like an ulcer .

perhaps it is cataracts, i've not had much experience with them

Hello, sounds like early cataracts to me too, Cavaliers have quite sensitive eyes and even a bit of grit getting blown into them can make them quite sore, I hope she is feeling better soon, let us know how you get on at the vets?

Last edited:
take to the vets,alfs had a thorn in his eye,hes ok now though,its allways riscky with the eyes.

Angela, it could very well be lipid (fat) deposit. We discussed this on yahoo, a week or so ago. It doesn't appear to affect the dogs' sight and can disappear. Izzy had deposits, which developed when he was about 7, but teddy had them from an early age. However, on looking to see if I could do a photo for the Yahoo people, I noticed that his have gone, so I had to post this photo of Izzy's eye.

The lipid deposit is the semi opaque, roundish area to the bottom right of the window reflection.

001izzyeye.jpg

Back