• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bentley's poor sore mouth

BarbMazz

Poor Bentley has had a bad week! He had a colitis attack Monday night.. I could tell it was coming on and gave him a Tagamet. That did appear to lessen the severity of it, but as yesterday went on he became more and more droopy. It appeared something more was up, so I kept him near me with a close eye on him.

I noticed he was licking his lips a lot, and when he yawned it seemed as though it hurt. He would put his head forward and do some odd mouth adjustments. I was thinking it was sore tooth so I tried to run my finger around his gums... well, he growled and I could tell I would be bitten if I didn't stop right away. His left side glands are swollen, too. I didn't sleep well at all worrying about him. He was glued to my side the whole night.,

I got him into the vet first thing this morning, and he is running a fever and the vet agreed that his glands are quite swollen. He was able to get a decent look inside, and there is a suspect red swollen gum on the upper left side. So, Bentley's on Baytril for 10 days; he had an injection and I have pills to give him. I'm to call in if anything changes or he doesn't improve. The next step would be a dental exam under anesthesia. Poor little guy!

Poor little man. Lucky he has such a caring owner who is onto it striaght away and hopefully he will heal and be pain free in no time. Big licks from the boys and hugs from me to Bentley.

Oh the poor little sweetie, I hope he is feeling better real soon. How is he doing now? I hope he won't have to go get an exam done under general anesthesia. Does the vet think one of the teeth are to blame, or might it be something else? {{Hugs}} to Bentley from my Bentley!

Poor Bentley. I hope he feels better soon.

FYI - Animal Clinic Northview in North Ridgeville has a vet who specializes in dentistry named Dr. Wilson. He performs root canals, etc. and takes dental x-rays.

He did a root canal on my sister's dog's cracked, abscessed tooth at least a year ago, and her dog is doing great.

:luv: Bentley appears to be perking up a bit already. Yesterday he slept on my bed the entire afternoon and evening.. tonight he joined me in the living room. He's definitely looking brighter and more interested in what's going on. Antibiotics are amazing things, aren't they?

Thanks, everyone, for your kind thoughts! :wggle: :thnx: :lotsaluv:
As usual, this place has the nicest folks!

Cathy, thanks for the dentist information! I'm definitely saving it... once Bentley feels better I want to have his teeth looked at thoroughly. It's good to know of a recommended place!

Back