Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New NON-Cav Addition to our Clan (maybe!)

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it works out for you, in my lifetime had two wonderful cockers my last one was a black and tan he lived to be 12 and a half, he never chewed anything he was a great dog. Good luck
    judy

Post Thanks / Like

He's gorgeous! Is he definitely a Cocker? (I'm assuming you mean an English Cocker?) 'Cos he looks a little like pics I've seen of clumber spaniels which are very teddy-bearish.

And Cockers (the English variety) are insane. We had a nice little blue roan years ago (Holly in the Memoriam board) and she was hyper- but calmer than most. Saw another Cocker last Sunday there. We had to rescue little Amber from him (funny, never thought of Amber as tiny until we saw her next to him!) because he was so pleased she wanted to play with him he kept trying to squash her. (where's the smileys?)
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

Oh he is sooo cute, let us know soon if your getting him and post loads of pictures
    Sue, Prince (B&T, DOB: 28/09/2001) & Lucy (Tri, DOB Unknown)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

He looks gorgeous. Keep us posted on what happens and howCharlie-Bear settles in.
    Tanya, Mark and Cleo (Blen Girl Born 5th May 2006)

Post Thanks / Like

Any news? I can't wait to hear what happens
    RIP Jakey my beautiful bleinhem boy
    To all my other pets that have passed, I'll see you again until then I love you all xox

Post Thanks / Like

Not yet.....we see him at 6:30pm tonight.....just over 10hrs and counting! hehehehe
    - Bonnie
    (&Cinder- 2yr Cavalier, &Simon- 10Mth American Cocker Spaniel)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_T View Post
    He's gorgeous! Is he definitely a Cocker? (I'm assuming you mean an English Cocker?) 'Cos he looks a little like pics I've seen of clumber spaniels which are very teddy-bearish.

And Cockers (the English variety) are insane. We had a nice little blue roan years ago (Holly in the Memoriam board) and she was hyper- but calmer than most. Saw another Cocker last Sunday there. We had to rescue little Amber from him (funny, never thought of Amber as tiny until we saw her next to him!) because he was so pleased she wanted to play with him he kept trying to squash her. (where's the smileys?)
    He surely is a handsome lad! Here's our Princess when Beau was a pup, and again with Elvis. I think her daddy was English/American mix, momma all American. The hair looks similar... so I hope the new one likes to be brushed. Princess won't tolerate it, which is why she gets shaved 2-3 times a year. She would be beautiful if we could let it grow. We've had three Cockers... the two girls were excitable, but not to excess. The male was, as you say, insane.

Post Thanks / Like

LisaT - I believe that he is an American Cocker (not English or Clumber). The owner said that the breeder told her that he would likely not get much more than a foot high....he is almost that big now and will probably grow just a little more (so probably a bit small for his breed)
    - Bonnie

Post Thanks / Like

Jean - Princess is adorable! Yes, the coat looks very much the same on Charlie

Sounds like I'll have some serious obedience-training to do if Charlie lives up to his Cocker heritage and general characteristics! :LOL: Good thing we've already contacted our trainer about getting him into a class if we take him home!!
    - Bonnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Charlie Bear is adorable ... when do you decide if you are taking him home?
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)