• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New NON-Cav Addition to our Clan (maybe!)

Lani - We hope to decide (in conjunction with the owners) after spending some time with him (at our house) and allowing him to meet Cinder (and our kitty Dexter) tonight!! :D

The Good & The Bad!

Thanks to all of you for your well-wishes about Charlie. Sadly, I have to report that we did NOT take Charlie home with us on Friday evening. Evidently, when the owner took Charlie to her breeders home to pick up some final vet-records and paperwork, the breeder got VERY upset that the owner was selling Charlie (apparently she hadn't been made aware of the situation previously) and would not give the owner the vet-records, etc. Ultimately, the owner returned Charlie to his original breeder where I can only hope he gets to experience a life as good as the one that he was coming to.

Obviously we were devestated! (It didn't help that we sat waiting for Charlie to arrive for almost 3hours before hearing that he wasn't coming home after all).

Needless to say we had a very bad Friday evening. The one thing that really helped get us out of our funk was our VERY FIRST agility class with Cinder (who performed like a superstar might I add!!) What a blast for both ourselves and Cinder! Can't wait for next week's class!

Then we went for a LOOooooooooong jaunt in the local off-leash park (see pic of our happy day in the General Gallery!).

When we got home.....as fate would have it.....a local Cocker Spaniel breeder in our area, who we had been in contact with recently had left us a message to let us know that she had decided to give a new home to her 10month old black/tan boy (she had planned on keeping him for possible show/breeding but has become too busy to pursue those areas with him for now). We had viewed her dogs before (they're all very lovely) but we did not really want a puppy and the prices were a little out of our budget. But she remembered us and thought we would be a good home for her boy and was very willing to negotiate price, payment timing, etc.

Sooooooooo....when all was said and done......we DID have a beautiful Cocker boy come home with us this weekend after all!!

INTRODUCING SIMON!!

SimonProfile.jpg

I'm not too sure about this new guy mom!
IamNotSureAboutYou.jpg

Okay dad....we're ready!
SimonCinderDadBall.jpg

Wait for me!!
Waitforme.jpg

I guess you're not so bad!
SimonandCinder.jpg

I'm pooped!
SimonBigFoot.jpg

A really AWFUL "family portrait"!!
BadFamilyPortrait.jpg

So thanks again for all the well-wishes! Simon is starting to learn the ropes and we'll be sure to keep you updated!!

Bonnie (& Cinder & Simon)

Simon is a pretty boy. I've not seen a bl/tan cocker with so little tan. He looks so much like our late Cocker Sammy (he was just a black). What a great addition. Sandy

Simon is adorable. I think he was meant to be with your family. It is fate that it all worked out like it did. I am so happy for you and for Simon. JD

I am soooo happy for your family.He looks just like my rocky no longer with us he was a black and tan he lived to be almost 13 years. He was such a wonderful sweet and loving cocker, lots of fun days ahead of you.
judy

awwwwwwwwwwwwww he's beautiful!!!!!!! What a big sweety!! I worked with an american cocker that looked like him and he was just the sweetest little man!
Keep us updated as to how everything goes :D

Congratulations on getting Simon! What a roller coaster ride of emotions you went through. It really sounds like it was meant to be you and Simon! I love happy endings!

Back