• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New NON-Cav Addition to our Clan (maybe!)

Cinder

We've been actively looking for a companion for Cinder for a while now. He just turned two last weekend and we felt the timing would be good to add a little brother or sister to the mix (Dexter, the kitty, is just not playful enough for him!).

Ultimately we would have liked to add another Cavalier (of course! who wouldn't?!), but good breeders in our area are very hard to come by and we just didn't think we could afford the up-front investment right now ($1500 - $2000 in our area). :eek: We also aren't really looking for a puppy necessarily and knew we would be happy to take in an adult boy or girl!

Sooooooooooo......we have recently been speaking to a lady who is looking to re-home her 7mth old Cocker Spaniel. :)

We will meet him for the first time on Friday! From what the owner has told me he sounds like a wonderful fit for our family and we're very excited to meet him and see how he gets on with Cinder & Dexter!

This boy could be coming home with us in less than 48hours! :l*v:
charlie-dogcropped.jpg

We're trying not to get too excited until we're sure that he's a good match for us (owner wants to feel 100% confident and so do we!). I guess that means I shouldn't have already set him as my desktop background right? :jmp2:

Confession: His name is Charlie (and I've already started referring to him as "Charlie-Bear") :sl*p:

:xfngr: Hoping that the visit will go well and Cinder will have a new playmate soon!

-Bonnie

He's so sweet, I had one for 12 years they are beautiful but their nothing like cav's they can walk for days and have boundless energy they can also be very destructive I never had a plant so be warned with good training he should be fine. On the other hand they are very loyal and playful.

Best of luck:xfngr:fingers crossed it all goes well

He looks a cracker, good luck and our fingers are crossed it all goes well for you (y)

Aww, He is absolutely adorable!!!!! I hope everything works out so you can add him to your home!!! :D I was at first thinking about getting a cocker till I decided I wanted a smaller dog for the house!!! They are soo loving and sweet!!! Good Luck and keep us posted!!!!! :)

I hope it works out for you, in my lifetime had two wonderful cockers my last one was a black and tan he lived to be 12 and a half, he never chewed anything he was a great dog. Good luck
judy

He's gorgeous! Is he definitely a Cocker? (I'm assuming you mean an English Cocker?) 'Cos he looks a little like pics I've seen of clumber spaniels which are very teddy-bearish.

And Cockers (the English variety) are insane. We had a nice little blue roan years ago (Holly in the Memoriam board) and she was hyper- but calmer than most. Saw another Cocker last Sunday there. We had to rescue little Amber from him (funny, never thought of Amber as tiny until we saw her next to him!) because he was so pleased she wanted to play with him he kept trying to squash her. (where's the smileys?)

Oh he is sooo cute, let us know soon if your getting him and post loads of pictures

He's gorgeous! Is he definitely a Cocker? (I'm assuming you mean an English Cocker?) 'Cos he looks a little like pics I've seen of clumber spaniels which are very teddy-bearish.

And Cockers (the English variety) are insane. We had a nice little blue roan years ago (Holly in the Memoriam board) and she was hyper- but calmer than most. Saw another Cocker last Sunday there. We had to rescue little Amber from him (funny, never thought of Amber as tiny until we saw her next to him!) because he was so pleased she wanted to play with him he kept trying to squash her. (where's the smileys?)

He surely is a handsome lad! Here's our Princess when Beau was a pup, and again with Elvis. I think her daddy was English/American mix, momma all American. The hair looks similar... so I hope the new one likes to be brushed. Princess won't tolerate it, which is why she gets shaved 2-3 times a year. She would be beautiful if we could let it grow. We've had three Cockers... the two girls were excitable, but not to excess. The male was, as you say, insane. :dogwlk:

prinbo2.jpg

prinelvis1.jpg

LisaT - I believe that he is an American Cocker (not English or Clumber). The owner said that the breeder told her that he would likely not get much more than a foot high....he is almost that big now and will probably grow just a little more (so probably a bit small for his breed) :D

Jean - Princess is adorable! Yes, the coat looks very much the same on Charlie :)

Sounds like I'll have some serious obedience-training to do if Charlie lives up to his Cocker heritage and general characteristics! :LOL: Good thing we've already contacted our trainer about getting him into a class if we take him home!! :D

Charlie Bear is adorable ... when do you decide if you are taking him home? :drivecar:

Back