• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Max Update:

Fi

Well i have just returned from the vets, with no Max, he started fitting again today and he cant breadth and he is only getting over one fit when he enters into another one.

the vet is going to keep him in and put him on a drip and give him phena barbatol, now the deal here is if the phena barbatol doesnt work it means he has a brain tumour, if it does stop him fitting it means he has eplilepsy.

Either way it doesn't look good. i have never seen a dog in the condition Max is in... its breaking my heart.... he couldn't even cough, the vet said if it is eplipesy he can reverse this, as he feels Max is exhausted from the constant fits. he feels we may loose Max as his heart will just stop, he said if this happens... 1. it will be quick and he wont suffer and 2. he is in the right place.

my vet is on duty all weekend so i know Max wont be alone...

been crying for hours now..... crossed paws for max XXX

oh Fi, I am so sorry. I am crossing my fingers :xfngr: for you guys. I hope you can get all of this straightened out. Please accept my condolances and heartfelt sympathies. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I am so sorry to hear about Max. I will keep him in my thoughts and wish feverently for his recovery. I'm sure he's in very competent hands and it is very good to know that he's not alone.

Many hugs for you during this most difficult time! :hug:

Oh Gosh Fi....I'm crying with you!!! I'm so sorry you are having to go through....breaks my heart. Poor Max.

Fidelma,

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hopefully, the vet can find out exactly what's wrong with Max and then you can start to make it better. I understand how you must be feeling right now.

My thought are with you right now. :xfngr:

Tanya

for every hour that passes and the phone doesn't ring i feel we are an hour closer to him recovering... well i hope im right in that thought as he said he would ring if any change.

Thank you for your thoughts X

I'm so sorry to hear about little Max. :( My thoughts and prayers are with you both. It sounds like he's in good hands with your vet. Hoping for the best outcome! :xfngr:

fi i'm so sorry to hear about poor max and i can't imagine what you must be going through. my thoughts are with you....hang in their as it sounds like max is in good hands.
:hug: :hug:

k

So sorry to her that news about little Max. Your baby is in the right place.
You are in my thoughts. Hugs.

I am so terribly sorry Fi. I've had 3 dogs in the span of my lifetime that had/have seizures so I understand what you are going through. Max is in the best place he could be right now.

The only thing I can offer of comfort, is that Max is almost certainly oblivious of his seizures so he isn't suffering. As violent & painful as a seizure looks, to all intents & purposes he is unconscious.

Your Max will certainly be in my thoughts. :hug:

This is certainly the hardest post i have ever made....

The vet rang me at 8 this morning to say he had a bad night and that during the seizures his heart was actually stopping, he also started a strong discharge through his nose, which Syd thought was Pneumonia or the on set of it as he was too weak to cough.

You all know what's coming.. The decision was made Max was too ill to recover from this and we put him to sleep...

He said to me i could do this or that with his body but im too upset and dont know what to say.... he was my wee baby, and barely 3

Thank you all for your support... i wonder will Cloe and Lady notice, i felt last night Cloe was sad, but i could be imagining that as i am so upset my self... my kids are heart broken....

Fidelma

Oh Fi :( I am so, so sorry. I will light a candle for Max to help shine the way to the Rainbow Bridge, and to help mend your broken heart.

Oh I am so VERY sorry to hear this and my heart goes out to you at this incredibly hard time, Good night Dear Max sleep tight dear one!!

I'm so sorry, Fi. Max is free from any suffering, now.Like Caraline says, vets agree that dogs don't suffer during and aren't aware during a seizure, though it looks terrible.

I had Izzy cremated and his ashes will go with me. Perhaps, you'd like to do the same with Max.

Hugs to you and your family during this difficult time. Max, may you run free and play happy now.

Back