Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Max Update:

Post Thanks / Like

fi i'm so sorry to hear about poor max and i can't imagine what you must be going through. my thoughts are with you....hang in their as it sounds like max is in good hands.

k
    Mom of Indiana Jones 'Indy' (Ruby male)

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to her that news about little Max. Your baby is in the right place.
    You are in my thoughts. Hugs.
    Laura Lia Maia

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so terribly sorry Fi. I've had 3 dogs in the span of my lifetime that had/have seizures so I understand what you are going through. Max is in the best place he could be right now.

The only thing I can offer of comfort, is that Max is almost certainly oblivious of his seizures so he isn't suffering. As violent & painful as a seizure looks, to all intents & purposes he is unconscious.

Your Max will certainly be in my thoughts.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

This is certainly the hardest post i have ever made....

The vet rang me at 8 this morning to say he had a bad night and that during the seizures his heart was actually stopping, he also started a strong discharge through his nose, which Syd thought was Pneumonia or the on set of it as he was too weak to cough.

You all know what's coming.. The decision was made Max was too ill to recover from this and we put him to sleep...

He said to me i could do this or that with his body but im too upset and dont know what to say.... he was my wee baby, and barely 3

Thank you all for your support... i wonder will Cloe and Lady notice, i felt last night Cloe was sad, but i could be imagining that as i am so upset my self... my kids are heart broken....

Fidelma
    thanks

Fidelma
    ------------------------------------
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Fi I am so, so sorry. I will light a candle for Max to help shine the way to the Rainbow Bridge, and to help mend your broken heart.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I am so VERY sorry to hear this and my heart goes out to you at this incredibly hard time, Good night Dear Max sleep tight dear one!!
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry, Fi. Max is free from any suffering, now.Like Caraline says, vets agree that dogs don't suffer during and aren't aware during a seizure, though it looks terrible.

I had Izzy cremated and his ashes will go with me. Perhaps, you'd like to do the same with Max.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Fi, words cannot express how sorry I am to hear about Max
    Molly and Cooper's mom, Bev

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Hugs to you and your family during this difficult time. Max, may you run free and play happy now.
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)