• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Max Update:

Thank you all.....

I went down to say good bye to him one last time, and you would swear he was just sleeping, i fixed his hair and rubbed him, gave him a kiss from all the kids and myself, they had him laid out and covered with a blanket, it was lovely for them to invite me to go back, i was afraid to ask....

they said they would take care of everything and i wasn't to worry, they said Cloe and Lady would miss him and to give them extra TLC, we all agreed there was no more that could of been done for max... i was so glad that two weeks ago we brought him and Lady to Newbridge house, we met a fellow cavalier owner there and we were talking she liked Max he was that sort of dog.. he seemed to be everyone's favourite....

im going to do a tribute collage and frame it so he is never forgotten

Fi, so sorry to hear about Max :flwr:
My thoughts are with you and your family, and Cloe and Lady. :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear about Max. Poor little guy...his life was much too short. I'm glad you were able to say goodbye to him and chose to let him go without any suffering. Condolences and warm hugs to you Fi.

really sorry

So sorry to hear about Max, you did all you could for him. Thinking of you .

oh god so so sorry,i hope the children are ok,i told ella when cracker died,that he was a star in the sky,she would point him out every nita.

fi i'm so sorry to hear this. your collage is a wonderful idea and will help you remember max happy and healthy as he is now. run free at the bridge little angel.

xx

Fi, I'm so sorry; life was very unfair to Max but I know you gave him a very caring home and worked to do the best for him for as long as this was possible. :flwr:

I'm so sorry to hear about Max. My heart breaks for you. You did all you could for him and I am sure that he knows this. He knows how much he was loved. He was so lucky to have you as his mum. Big hugs from us here in Maine.

Fi said:
I went down to say good bye to him one last time, and you would swear he was just sleeping, i fixed his hair and rubbed him, gave him a kiss from all the kids and myself, they had him laid out and covered with a blanket, it was lovely for them to invite me to go back, i was afraid to ask....

That is so lovely that your vets arranged for you to say your goodbye. It is a bitter sweetness but I think it helps with letting go. The first time I was to see one of my dogs after they had moved on, I was very scared of how I would feel, but it was so peaceful that now I always make sure to see them afterwards if fate deems it that I can not be present when they make their journey.

Fi,
That sounds very similar to what happened to Mabel earlier this year. It's absolutely heartbreaking. I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I take comfort in knowing Mabel isn't struggling anymore...and neither is Max. They are together at the bridge.
Karin

So sorry to hear about poor Max, at least he has had a few good years with a loving family and you will have all those happy memories, take care.

I'm so sorry to hear about Max. From what you wrote I can tell you and your family loved him dearly. Run free little one.

Thank you, in reading these message i find it so lovely you all mention he is free of pain and he is running around, i wasnt thinking that was as i was missing him so much, but after reading the posts i feel a lot better.

we are still calling him and stuff and looking for him... its strange... Cloe went to the back garden today and was looking for him... then she looked at us....

so thank you again XXX

Back