• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

orijen

vivi

Hello
Are there enyone who has tried orijen petfood???
It´s based on "barfthinking" :just meat, vagatables and fruit!
Is it good for the coat???:dogwlk:

We don't have that one here in Ireland; is it a premade raw food? I don't think we can get any of the premade raw diets here so anyone feeding raw needs to make their own, which is a much bigger hassle! Some of the other members might know this food though.

On the board here, some really like feeding raw; others feed a mix of raw and other foods, others choose not to feed raw.

Raw feeding is one of those topics that people tend to really be enthusiastic about or feel strongly against-- or just feel very confused about! -- it remains a controversial way to feed and inspires a lot of strong feelings.

I always suggest people try to read as much as possible, both pro and con, and make an informed decision. I don't think raw gives any special benefit to the coat over other good diet selections -- I certainly never noticed much difference in the time I fed raw. Some see a difference in cleaner teeth with raw but I also have read some raw advocates who admit it hasn't made that much difference to their dog's teeth. Again, I never saw much benefit to the teeth from feeding raw amongst my dogs -- my one dog who has little problem with tartar continued to have little problem with tartar, and my dog who has always had a problem, continued as usual to have tartar. I've had much better success with that that dog by brushing his teeth regularly and giving dental cleaning treats than he ever got from getting regular bones.

But all dogs are individuals so others might see more benefit from one diet over another. The main thing with a raw diet is just to be well informed on the need for very careful handling and to make sure the dog gets a rounded diet. (y)

There are some other recent threads on feeding raw, if you do a search for those they have some links and extended discussions. :)

Thank´s for your answer.
Here is the link to orijen
http://www.petfoods.dk/?argMenuUd=a:23:{i:1;i:1;i:399;i:0;i:430;i:0;i:435;i:0;i:441;i:0;i:442;i:0;i:448;i:0;i:449;i:0;i:455;i:0;i:456;i:0;i:459;i:0;i:460;i:0;i:461;i:0;i:463;i:1;i:464;i:0;i:465;i:0;i:491;i:0;i:505;i:0;i:518;i:0;i:519;i:0;i:526;i:0;i:528;i:0;i:493;i:1;}&traeid=493

I haven't heard of it either Viv. I don't think we have it in Australia, which actually is quite limited in the area of pet foods & most being imported. Like Karlin said, most of us prepare our own. I noticed that Billinghurst, the author of "Give Your Dog a Bone" has his own line of BARF, but I think that is only supplied at the big cities here.

It's actually a Canadian food though perhaps it is made locally. They sell dry Orijen from zooplus.ie. The dry looks like a good food. :)

I tried barf for a year, but my dog lost pigment and coat. Once my friend gave one of the boys a bone from a pig and the animal ended op at the wet because he couldent get rid of it.........
I´m very interested in Otijen............, my oldest dog got colitis and i hope orijon meybe will help him

Before I put Charlie on BARF, I tried the trial pack of this food. He really liked it. I only tried it for a week though, so I'm can't really say anything good or bad -- except that he gobbled it up.

Back