Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dandruff/scurf

Post Thanks / Like

Something else that is good for the dandruff side of things is Evening Primrose Oil, I nip the end off a capsule and squeeze the oil directly onto the feed, works very well indeed!
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

We changed Chester onto JW and he loves every flavour apart from the Ocean Fish one.

He dislikes it to the point that he wont go near his food - it does smell a lot stronger than the others I must admit.

We changed him back to the Lamb one & he is eating fine again now!
    Kelly, Mum to Chester

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention about the dandruff, Chester suffered with this when he was on Iams but since changing him over to JW it has been lots better.
    Kelly, Mum to Chester

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I will try the oil in his meals. does it need to be a specific one for pets. Thought maybe the dandruff/scurf was because of the pedigree chum, so that's why I decided to change.
    I brush Barney every day, although his coat isn't long yet, it is something he needs to get used to. His ears are coming on with little curls at the end and tufties on the top.

Post Thanks / Like

Many people on a rescue site, I use, reckon that Pedigree foods are too additive intensive and can cause skin problems. Mine are on James welbeloved, at the momnet, because of Teddy's possible food allergy. (Look out for special offers at Pets at Home-Are you in their pets' club, as it gives lots of money off vouchers?)

I used to give hide chews, but too often Monty has scared me by gagging on quite large pieces which he will chew, so now, they are rarely given and are the solid cigar shaped ones , about 20cm long. I also give munchy chews, though only by Armitage minty ones, as some made in the far east have questionable colouring added and have been reported to have carried viruses, too.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Barney had his last pedigree chum today, we have changed him over slowly, though he doesn't relish the JW food as much, I'll buy him a new flavour tomorrow. Bet he would eat it more if I put a couple of tbls of gravy on it but don't want to make him finiky.

I think I am in the pets at home club, get stuff sent but hadn't taken much notice I will have to check.

Post Thanks / Like

I got Barney some vetzyme dry skin oil, it says to put it on his food but he does not always eat it. So I put it on a spoon and let him lick it off just before he get's his meal is this ok.

I have also found a chew treat at the vets, it's a twist made of Ostrich tendons, I have had to break it up as it was too big, which took some doing. It does not go gunky like raw hide but it does shred up and Barney made a few messes but now he has learned to eat it there is nothing left when he has it. So I guess it's a good substitute for a bully stick in the UK.