• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Insurance Revisited

I have both of mine insured with PetCare Insurance. They're good and reimburse quickly, etc. However, I'm thinking of switching over the PetPlan Insurance. Their rates are a little lower with bigger yearly maximum coverages. I think they seem to be the best buy in terms of coverage and cost.

Based on some of the previous threads in this forum, we went with PetPlan. Haven't needed to use it much :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: but their terms, etc. seem quite good and they cover 'congenital' illnesses such as syringomyelia treatment. I heard Embrace is good as well, I believe Gracie's mommy has that one. Be sure to get covered WELL before you anticipate a claim, don't want them to write in exclusions....no matter where you go, insurance is always a bit of a nightmare, IMHO. -Natalie

I got VPI based on a friend's recommendation and good experiences with them. So far, I have had good luck.

all mine are insured with marks and spencer ZERO excess and pay out fast

We have Embrace. PetPlan isn't offered in MN right now. If it was, I might have gone that way. However, the choices in our area that covered hereditary conditions were Embrace and PetCare. PetCare comes highly recommended from people here...I don't think you can go wrong there. But, I was truly impressed with the quality of Embrace's customer service representatives and their policy. I actually work in insurance (on the corporate client side) so I have a basic understanding of policy language, exclusions, etc. Albeit, pet insurance was new to me! In the end, I just felt like we got far more for our money with Embrace. For slightly more than PetCare, we get a $10,000 annual limit, including $2,500 each year for continuing care items, prescription coverage and dental coverage.

Embrace does not provide coverage for loss/theft/kidnap advertising and recovery charges. They also do not cover prescription dog food. However, there is no per illness/injury limit. The annual limit applies and is "refreshed" each year. The key think with Embrace is to definitely pick up the Continuing Care extension to have any hereditary conditions covered in the future. Once they're diagnosed is too late to pick up the extension.

I haven't actually had to test the coverage yet (knock on wood :xfngr:), but I feel very comfortable with the decision. If you'd like any other info, let me know!

I am glad I read this thread because I looked closer at my policy through Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI) and congenital/hereditary defects are not covered!

i've just been going through this process to set up indy's pet insurance here in America and I think I'm going to go with Embrace as well. They also offer discounts for microchipping and if you pay annually rather than quarterly or monthly.

I was impressed by their hereditary conditions cover and also the fact that they don't put caps on costs per illness as long as you select covering care.

k

Glad to hear Marks and Spencer insurance pay out fast as I have insured Sally with them. The policy seemed very good value at approx £16 with zero voluntary excess and covers an illness for life. :xfngr: haven't had to use it yet though

I am with M&S for Oliver and Bertie, have recently had to make 2 substantial claims, been paid very promptly, would def reccomend.Hope this helpd you.

Back