• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lethargic

Aimee

Hi everyone.

The trouble started yesterday. She was very lethargic all day. She slept most of the day or else just lay on my lap. She also had diarrhea. At night she perked up a bit and eat and drank (she hadn't the rest of the day) but today when she got up she did a normal poo and wee but she's been sleeping all day again. This is really out of character for her and I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice. Basically, do you think this is something I should be concerned about?

Aw,

I'm sorry that she is going through this. I'm not very helpful. Maybe you should call your vet and he will tell you if you should bring her to a visit.

I hope she has a quick recovery!

Go to Vet Please!

Your baby is dehydrated and needs fluid this is reason for lethargic behavior PLEASE take her to vet....good luck!!!

Hi Aimee,

I'd take your girl to the vets. Even though her diarrhea seems to have cleared up, that could be secondary to something else, particularly if she is still not herself. It may turn out to be nothing of consequence but only a vet can tell you that. If my guys seem a bit out of it for a day I'll usually sit on them for 24 hours, but if they are not themselves after that, it is off to the vets we go. If it is a puppy, I just don't wait at all. I always give them immediate attention if they are not right.

Back