• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Heat without bleeding

Laura&Lia

Hi,

Lia is 8 months old. Yesterday I called the vet because I've nocticed since two weeks ago that Lia might be in heat, but there was no bleeding at all. The vet told me that Lia is in heat but the small bitches may no bleed nothing. I didn't know that.

The second question is that we have decided to spay Lia. I was asking me how many days spend a bitch in pain after her spaying? Now we are doing obediance and agility classes on saturdays. How many time does she have to spend at home without having so much exercise?

Lucky you

Nice not to expirence the bleeding while little one is in heat. 10 day's light exercise after spayed..... a good no exercise for the first 2 to 5 days depending on her tolerance. I had one pup did even know she had stiches other that cryed and moan for a few days. It won't be 6 plus months until next heat if she get a break in training between then "maybe"?

Our old girl supposedly has silent seasons , we've had her a year & not noticed anything. I worry every time I see a dog sniffing her on walks incase she's in season & I haven't noticed.
& I have an entire boy so I would much prefer normal seasons at regular intervals so I know were I am thanks

regarding speying generally young bitches don't have many problems , my sisters girl was done at 5 months & was wanting to play within a few hours.

You will need to wait until about three months after her heat ends to spay, however. (y)

Back