• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Surgery today for Wed. and ? on SM! Help!!

I'm so sorry about Friday, Terri. Spencer takes 200mg of gabapentin twice a day and 100mg of tagamet three times a day. Tagamet comes in 200mg so I just cut all the pills in half. I really noticed a difference when I started the tagamet. Spencer was diagnosed with a moderate to severe Chiari malformation in February and was on gabapentin alone for the first month. I added the tagamet in mid-March and I've noticed such a difference in his level of scratching. Fortunately he's never yelped or exhibited pain, except when brushing him, but his scratching was terrible. He'd scrach seven to ten times a day and for up to two minutes at a time. Since the tagamet he's down to just the occasional scratch and they last only a few seconds. I know the dose of tagamet he takes is much higher than others on the board but since our neurologist recommended it I'm comfortable with it. Good luck to you and I hope she feels better real soon.

Oh dear, you really have got your hands full right now!

I hope that Friday makes a speedy recovery for you and doesn't have any more severe pain episodes for a while either, I do hope you can sort a pain control regime out for her too.

Also best wishes to Wednesday for a speedy recovery from her knee op, I am sure she will be fine!

Take care :flwr: :flwr:

So glad Wednesday's surgery went so well. One less thing to worry about. Hoping you are able to get Friday's discomfort under control soon.

Whitney - I actually forget Spenser's on meds! When I saw him in Altanta you would never know there was anything wrong with him. Such a happy and comfortable guy!!

Back