Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Surgery today for Wed. and ? on SM! Help!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry about Friday, Terri. Spencer takes 200mg of gabapentin twice a day and 100mg of tagamet three times a day. Tagamet comes in 200mg so I just cut all the pills in half. I really noticed a difference when I started the tagamet. Spencer was diagnosed with a moderate to severe Chiari malformation in February and was on gabapentin alone for the first month. I added the tagamet in mid-March and I've noticed such a difference in his level of scratching. Fortunately he's never yelped or exhibited pain, except when brushing him, but his scratching was terrible. He'd scrach seven to ten times a day and for up to two minutes at a time. Since the tagamet he's down to just the occasional scratch and they last only a few seconds. I know the dose of tagamet he takes is much higher than others on the board but since our neurologist recommended it I'm comfortable with it. Good luck to you and I hope she feels better real soon.
    Spencer and his mom, Whitney

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear, you really have got your hands full right now!

I hope that Friday makes a speedy recovery for you and doesn't have any more severe pain episodes for a while either, I do hope you can sort a pain control regime out for her too.

Also best wishes to Wednesday for a speedy recovery from her knee op, I am sure she will be fine!

Take care
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

So glad Wednesday's surgery went so well. One less thing to worry about. Hoping you are able to get Friday's discomfort under control soon.

Whitney - I actually forget Spenser's on meds! When I saw him in Altanta you would never know there was anything wrong with him. Such a happy and comfortable guy!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

how are the kids doing????
    "Not all who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien

Post Thanks / Like

sorry didn't see the new thread, heeheee
    "Not all who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien