Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what hours do you all work?

Post Thanks / Like

Default what hours do you all work?

Hi all, i went for a job interview today and i got the job (yay!) it is part time, working one week: monday, wednesday and friday and the other week: tuesday, thursday and saturday. The hours are 9.00 - 5.30. I am sure Daisy and Bluebell will be ok as it will only be 3 days a week, and my husband works from home most days, so they will have him for company. I do feel a bit nervous about leaving them, but i am sure they will be ok. Just wondered if any of you work part time, or full time? do you leave your cavs for some days? Hope i am doing the right thing, i won't be away every day, just 3 days a week. Plus daisy will have company once we get Bluebell at the end of this month.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your new job!!! I'm am sure the girls will be fine. There are lots of members here that work and especially if your hubby works from home mostly. Just get them into a routine that they can get used to!! It would be hard to crate them from 9:30-5:30 every day, so either block off a tiled room or set up an xpen.

I work from 7am-4pm Mon-Fri and I corral my guys in the kitchen with a baby gate. They have soft music playing, lots of toys, beds and room to romp so they are usually asleep when I get home.
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the job!! I work full time, 9-5, and Fiona has adjusted incredibly well to her x-pen during the week. she knows what to expect, and doesnt throw a fit like she used to...she also seems to know that she shouldnt be in her pen on the weekend, so sometimes if we have to put her there for an hour or so, she whines because she knows weekend time is people time! It's funny. Luckily my bf works 10 minute from our house, so he will come home for lunch a lot and play with Fiona then. It shouldnt be a problem with your pups once you get them used to the routine! I wouldnt crate them for that long though.
    Donna, Fiona's Mommy

Post Thanks / Like

I work 4 evenings 6-10 ...
    Cavaliers are like chocolate the more you see the more you want

Post Thanks / Like

a couple of hours, a couple of days a week I work at hubby's business 3 miles away.

My other job I work from home, on a casual basis, but I've got the next 4 months off

Post Thanks / Like

I work 8:00 to 5:00, 4 days a week, 2 minutes from home. I'm home an hour for lunch.

They do just fine. The kids are home early afternoon. If your husband is home most of the day they'll have plenty of company and each other too pretty soon.
    Terri, mom to Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

I've different schedule every month, now I'm working mon to thurs from 22 p.m. to 8 p.m.. Victor works from 10 to 18h mon to fri with a break for have lunch at home. He has a little flexible schedule so he can stay with Lia the mornings I work.
    Laura Lia Maia

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your new job, both my wife lLisa and I work, I work full time on a shift pattern(im a bus driver) and Lisa works 3 mornings a week, those 3 mornings Lisa works are the only days our dogs are left for a few hours, but they cope no problem...our 2 have the run of the house, but we usually find them cuddled up together on the sofa

Your dogs will be fine, try not to worry too much

Post Thanks / Like

work 4 days a week and leave 8.30 to drop my son to school and get home at 2.30pm. When hubby gets up he takes both dogs for a walk then they get fed and then shut in the kitchen with a puppy gate with their baskets the radio on and toys and treats. When I get home they are always asleep. After our evening meal we take them both over the fields to run off any excess energy. As others say they are fine as long as they have the same routine each day.
    Yvonne

Mum to Harvey (blenheim) & Alfie (tri)xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congratulations on the job Emma!

With 2 dogs you don't have to worry about them becoming lonely. Yes my hubby & I work 2 days per week. We have an enclosed veranda that our dogs are safe in, so we don't have any worried about destructive behaviour or getting into mischief while we are away. We just leave plenty of toys out for them. They are now so relaxed about our routine they don't even look out for us when we are leaving, they just settle down with their toys & bickies.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~