• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Any dog tricks commands?

Natalie

We can't take lady for a walk at the moment cos she's in heat and i don't want her to be bored and training her seems to be the only thing that wears her out. Does anyone have any commands or tricks to keep the boredom at bay. We have done all the basics various version's of leave, sit, down, stay. We were planning on starting the puppy grad class this week but we will have to wait till the next training session starts. Thanks in advance.

How about shake a paw.. other paw.. and wave?

Or speak?

How about dead?? Dead is a fun one to teach.. my guests ROLL on the ground laughing when they watch kosmo die.

Does she know fetch? How about take it and leave it?

Hope that gives you an idea or 2 :xfngr:

:)

Since Bianca gets so much attention whereever we go...we are teaching her to 'take a bow'. Why not play it up a bit. (she also knows shake). Sara, I want to also teach 'play dead', that's hilarious too. :) -Natalie

can't currently think of anything not mentioned, but the play dead comments had to make me laugh. its such a great trick....my neighbor spent three days teaching his dog play dead....she got it on the first day...only problem is she seemed to forget every other command. heehee. no matter what you said to her for three days, she would play dead.

Lucky knows "Shake" and last weekend learned "spin" and "sit pretty" - sit pretty is taking time because it really requires the dog to balance sitting on their bottom with their front paws in front of them (not on the ground). So Lucky uses my arm for balance right now but he LOVES doing the tricks. :)

Once you have lie down, roll over is always an easy one to teach. Dance was another one we taught a dog we had, which was jumping up & down on their hind legs.

bang bang ,do dead,i like that one alfs getting good at it,allthough we do have one hurdle he wont do dead on the tiled flour i guess its hard and cold.when he steals something ie.socks and his new bandana i have been asking can we swap for a juicy bit of sausage,its starting to work.

Scout just knows the basic tricks, sit, speak, down, and shake. One day I was watching Animal Planet and Bob Weatherwax was on with one of the many Lassie's. He was doing both voice and hand signals. So I tried them on Scout. It only took a few minutes and she learned how to sit and speak with hand signals. They are really smart little dogs. I'm working on down now and for shake I just put her in sit and hold out my hand, no words, and she gives me her paw, I'm not sure if I would consider that a hand signal or not. It's was fun doing this, and people think it's so cute.

Back