• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavaliers of the Northeast USA - Dog Show

momay

Hi All!
Is anyone attending the Cavaliers of the Northeast - Three Days of Activities at the Sheraton Hotel in Danbury, CT???

I have made reservations for Saturday night and am attending to see what the show is like and of course see MANY other Cavs!!!

Just thought I would check around - it's about 4 hours from my house, but I'm bringing my two nieces, and my husband will take the train from Boston on Saturday night to join us, I'm really looking forward to it.

Here is their website in case anyone wants more information!

thanks

http://www.cne-ckcsc.org/

I just wanted to say we attended the show and had a great time. All of the dogs were beautiful and everyone was so nice. Sofee Marie made some new friends and we'll be attending a Cavalier "Pawty" this Sunday in Andover, MA, can hardly wait!
It really was amazing to me how many people had multiple Cavs. Certainly many were breeders, but a lot were not. Most were entered into the conformation sections, the rally/obedience was not really well attended.

Hope everyone is doing well, I haven't posted in a while, but Sofee and I are doing great. She has been going to a rehab facility every night to visit my husband's mother who had a back operation. She is the bell of the ball, visiting all of the patients, they just love her and she loves the attention.
Happy weekend!
Maureen and Sofee Marie

Hello Maureen and Sofee Marie! How exciting about the cavalier show!:)
Please take photos of the cavalier Pawty!!:snap::snap::snap:

Oh have a great time! My future breeder will be attending. She told me all about the Cavalier show in Danbury CT last month. I would have liked to attend, but, don't know my way around the New England as yet.

Sounds like you had a nice time. That's what I like about things like this...you meet new people that lead to new things...like pawtys!! Those are so much fun. Be sure to take lots of pictures. You'll have a blast.

Pictures from the Show

Thanks Cathy/pinkpuppy/Cathy!
Here are a few pix from the show. In the first picture, you can see half of Sofee Marie's body lying onthe grass outside of the pen, enjoy!
Momay

608899084_a35742361f.jpg

608899140_fcead2635e.jpg

Great pictures. Is that 2nd picture of Sofee Marie? She has a beautiful coat.

I went so far as to do a mapquest to see how many hours of driving to Danbury CT. 6 hours. But that was just too far to drive. I am tempted though to attend a CKCS show some day.

Did you know anyone attending the show or were they all new people you met?

Wow, lovely photos of lovely cavaliers! :)
That's wonderful how Sofee Marie is being a therapy dog.:flwr::flwr::flwr:

Thank you for sharing the pics. Sofee Marie is gorgeous! I hope someday soon to be a tri-color Cavalier mom.

Charleen/Pinkpuppy - No, unfortunately that is not Sofee Marie - her coat is not that long yet, as she is only 10 months old. I'm not sure who this particular Cav is, I think it was an adult bitch in the Tri class. She is beautiful, isn't she!!!
I agree, 6 hours is a LONG time for a human, never mind a dog, to be in the car. It took us 4 hours and that was long enough. I hope we can make other shows, but if you look out on their website, the next ones are in NJ and PA, just too far from Boston, and Buffalo I assume for you.
We did not know a soul attending the show. We had a friend give us the newsletter and encouraged us to go, so we said why not! We just love Sofee Marie and we thought it would be something different to do.
We met some really nice people, and as you can see from my post, we went to a Cav Pawty this past weekend at the home of a couple we met there. It was really fun; about 25 dogs were there, mostly Cav's. They had people food and dog food (meat and meatless!), and all kinds of Cav's. One had only one eye, another was blind and somewhat deaf, another had a form of cerebral palsy, and it was amazing and wonderful to see the owners and what saviors they have been in these dog's lives. Most werer perfectly healthy and all four colors were represented, with Tri's winning out in the majority.
We could only stay for about 1 hour as we had another previous commitment that afternoon, but she is having another in September, and we will attend again.
Thanks Cathy, we think Sofee will be a great therapy dog. It is really wonderful to see the patients get excited and really enjoy her.
Pinkpuppy - I hope you will be a Mom soon too, it is the best thing we ever did was have Sofee Marie in our lives. I can hardly wait to get home tonight and go for a walk with her, throw the golf ball a 100 times and just have her with me at night, it's the best!

Hi. I just saw this post but I went to Danbury too. Im in NJ and it was about 2 hours for us. We only went on Saturday and I didnt get as many pics as I like but it was a lot of fun. If you can make it to Springfield Id say lets meet up.

Hi Jasmine and Ellie!
Too bad we didn't meet! Ellie is beautiful, and could be Sofee Marie's sister. I would love to meet up if we do Springfield, I'll talk to my husband and let you know.
Off to Newport RI today for a week of vacation, can hardly wait. I think all of Sofee's stuff is going to be more to pack then my husband's and mine combined.
But, as you say Jasmine, they are our princesses!
Take care,
MoMay and Sofee Marie

Back