• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

When to cut back Puppy's food intake?

Charleen

Jolly will be 11 months old on the 15th of this month. He doesn't seem to be growing anymore. I have been feeding him 1 cup of dry dog food a day, but now that his growing is done, I think I should cut him back to 3/4 cup of food per day.

He has a defined waist. He weighs about 15 pounds.

Are is growing days behind him? Am I right to cut back his food?

I need your advice. Thanks!

If he looks good on that amount there's no need to cut back his food. If he starts to gain weight, then reduce. If/when neutered, they often need to have about 20% less food as well. Different foods may have more calories as well so if you change his diet you need to wtch to see whether he needs more or less.

I actually upped what Jaspar and Leo get recently, as they both were looking a little lean, Jaspar in particular, and he burns off lots of energy as he's so active.

Back