• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A fairly good checkup

Spencer'sMom

Last Thursday I took Spencer to his neurologist for his three month checkup. He's still taking 200mg of gabapentin twice a day and 100mg of cimetidine three times a day. Dr. McDonnell feels (and me too!) Spencer has improved in his itching and scratching on the medicine and there has been no progression of his clinical signs. He did notice a very subtle right head tilt and right sided weakness. He said we're good for another six months and that I can add a mid-day dose of 100mg of gabapentin if I feel his scratching is getting bad.

Though I am sure you would love for Spencer to get a 100% clean bill of health, it is good that his symptoms are relatively stable. Still... it must all be very worrying. :hug:

Glad to hear that he's doing alright Whitney. :) that's great news! :) You guys will have to celebrate with doggy and people cookies :D

Spencer:l*v: , we send you lots of love and hugs and positive thoughts from Ireland and hope that you will continue to do well on your meds.

:lotsaluv: :hug: :lotsaluv: :hug: :lotsaluv: :hug:

Oh that's really good news - I often think of Spencer and wonder how he is doing.

It's interesting that your Neuro is happy for him to stay on this dose of Cimetidine...this is the highest dose we've heard of being used...but it does seem to be helping so that's great.

Back