• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Now We're Cooking!

Caraline

In this month's Whole Dog journal there is a great 7 page article by Mary Straus on home cooking for your dog. This article is written for those who wish to prepare nutritious, well balanced cooked meals and without bones. It is a most excellent article. Obviously for copyright reasons I can't post anything here from the article and you do need to subscribe to the WDJ to be able to read it. However with the recent recalls, for those who are trying to break into home cooked, this article would be worth the cost of an annual subscription, expecially for your guys in the USA who only pay $20 p/a.

Thanks for pointing that out; I haven;t even looked at the table of contents yet!

It is annoying they got rid of the digital subscription option. I only want net access but guess I will renew from the US and have my parents save the copies til I am back on a trip. I'll have the online version to read still. Maybe they didn't get enough subscriptions or maybe they did and wanted to convert them to costlier paper subscriptions.

Yes, there have been great articles on what to feed and how to prepare it the last few months.

And Karlin, paying for a paper subscription really annoys me too. I would love to have only online access. I don't want any more paper coming into the house than is absolutely necessary.

Yep, it totally bugs me having to pay for the hard copy subscription too. By the time the journal gets shipped to Australia the news would be ancient history & I'd have already read it in PDF format off the web site. :*gh: I emailed them to see if I could just have online version but they said no. Sure felt like a case of "rip off the aliens". Grrr.

Anyway, because of all the food articles I knew were coming up I figured it was worth it, and so far it sure has been.

Back