• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What's for dinner Ma?

cavalicious

Just made Ollie's breakfast for the next week or so! :D

1 tin of sardines in oil
Beef mince (oops didn't measure how much)
1 can of tuna in oil
2 eggs + shells
Carrots
Brocolli
Beans
Pumpkin

Shoved it all in the food processor and ... wollah! A smelly :neutral: pinkish mixture which immediately pricked Ollie's ears up :winkct: (hypothetically!)

I was thinking maybe other members out there could share some interesting recipes their dogs have enjoyed?

-Emily

I think I'd drain off that oil next time -- that's very high in calories if the oil was left in, just for future reference!

I've posted the kind of homecooked stews I make to a couple of recent threads; I think on Caraline's one on homemade meals, so you might find a few relevant ideas there. :)

Thanks Karlin.

I've read that when feeding fish you should always buy the "In oil" variety because it really helps out with their coats etc. ?

That looks very scrummy :D The oil content in that particular meal could be a little high because you have oil from sardines, oil from tuna, plus the minced meat which is high in fat, unless you are mincing your own & trimming off the fat.

I think the oil in sardines with oil is fine, provided you serve it up with other foods that are low in fats themselves, or you can drain the oil off & put it into other low fat meals.

So you better tell us how Ollie liked it?

Back