• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jaspar -- argh!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
After I dropped Megan (puppy farm girl) off to Tara yesterday I stopped at the park on the way home and took Jaspar for a walk. Of course he immediately ran down into the muck in a moaty kind of thing around an old wall... but OK, I can wash his paws off. A bit later he runs back down and sticks his big cavalier nose into the muck, trying to find sticks to retrieve (OK, this is my fault, I encouraged him to do this on walks along a creek filled with sticks when he was small and now he thinks any body of water must have sticks he needs to search for...:rolleyes:) . So now his muzzle is black with mud. We walk along further and he takes off like a shot into a field then starts rolling madly...:sl*p: I know what it will be: either horse or deer poop. Turns out to be soft horse poop and now he is really smelly. So we get home and he gets a bath and blow dried and at last, looks nice!

Then today I take all the dogs to the park. Jaspar actually stays out of the creek so continues to look really nice. Then halfway through the walk he dives into a pile of horse poop... not too bad as it is pretty dry and because I use The Stuff conditioner spray on him and it has silicone it actually repels a lot of stuff. We walk through a little woods and twice I stop him rolling in more horse poop. We head back along the grassy area and he runs and finds... wet horse poop. Aughhhhhh! At this point I know I am going to have to wash him again when I get home. We walk about 50 yards further and he literally DIVES into a huge soggy pile of deer poop and smears himself in it... the size of a cow pat nearly; and totally soggy, it was just disgusting! Now he is covered in green slime and REEKS even from 15 feet away. :cry*ing: Needless to say he was delighted with himself. It is absolutely the worst he has ever been on a walk with finding lovely smelly poop to roll in.

He was so awful I had to get a crate out of the boot and put it together and stick him in that, separate from the others, for the drive home. Then he got a second bath and dry. Figured I'd just do them all so I have three very fluffy clean cavaliers now. Thank goodness Leo and Lily are less enamoured of rolling in wet poop though both were very interested in eating the deer poop! :yikes:

It occurs to me that the dogs are probably as disgusted with the way they smell right now as I was with the way Jaspar smelled earlier. :lol:

At times like this though I wonder why I ever got a dog in the first place! :lol:

BTW my brother just got a lab puppy from a rescue in Marin County, Calif where they live, so he has all this ahead of him. icon_devil

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

What a lad!!!!

Ollie smells really bad at the moment (been rolling in something no doubt!) but I'm worried about drying out his skin with too many baths! Everytime I rinse him off after going to the dam he dives head first into the couch and wriggles all around it's pretty funny!! :lol:

My girls do the same thing when I bring them home from the groomer - roll on the sofa, bed, etc., to try to get that smell that WE like off of them! I guess they get disgusted with us when we spritz on perfume before going somewhere.

i've been going to the dog park a lot recently with my friend and her lab and she (the lad, not my firend, heehee) has been rolling in deer poop like its going out of style. :grnyuk: poor pooch has had soooo many baths recently......

hahahahahahaha oh no .... Jake was always so well behaved I forget sometimes doggies do these things.... I too have this to look forward too..:yikes

Wow! He was on a mission!! There's something to be said about being that tenacious! :p

He actually smelled so much I just wanted to get him in the shower. :rolleyes: Deer poop is the worst; the colour and smell are very hard to wash out if it is really wet. :yikes:

Harvey likes foxes poop and it smells so disgusting when he rolls in it. I watch him like a hawk on walks but he always manages to roll in before I can reach him.

:lol: we get it too.....both our dogs love nothing better than a good roll in the smelly stuff :grnyuk:

Lucy was at it last night....so she's had a bath too :D

BTW my brother just got a lab puppy from a rescue in Marin County, Calif where they live, so he has all this ahead of him. icon_devil

I'm from Marin County too, Karlin!! Where is he from? I grew up in the middle of nowhere in the San Geronimo Valley, towards the Point Reyes Seashore

Probably close to you; he is somewhere around Fairfax. They had a house on the side of a hill above the town centre, but they moved a while ago and I can't remember the street name but it is along a creek, same general area. I don;t know that area too well except for driving to their place, way down the end of Sir Francis Drake blvd.

oh that is too funny! it's rare I meet someone from around there...That's just where I'm from! I worked at the Fairfax Movie Theater all through High School! :lol: My mom still lives out there, in San Anselmo...I love that area.

Back