• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What age did you switch off of "puppy" food?

kimber772

I'm kinda new to the board but I was wondering how long to keep my Bailey on puppy food. He is 7 months now, probably 15-20 pounds. Of course, he eats whatever food he can get into.. he loves my mastiffs food especially.

But we have him on puppy and just wondering at what age can they be switched to adult?

Any advise would be great.

Thanks
Kim

Cant help u as such as Sally and Toby both decided they liked Sam dinner better than there own so to stop any hassle i just started feeding them all the same. Sally is coming up to 1 and Toby is about 7-8 months. It seems to suit them.

Some people say they don't actually even need puppy food ever ...

That said, Lucky was on a prescription diet (and it was puppy formula) until about 5-6 months. After that I switched him to a regular premium food & he's been doing great. :dogwlk:

we too feed high quality, Blue Buffalo. My two German Shepards are on the same kind just for adult and it would be easier to have those three on the same kind. Our mastiff eats totally different stuff, but I'm ok with having two different kinds.

Thanks for your help
Kim

I never fed puppy food. If the pup is fed a good quality food, they aren't really necessary (many breeders don't seem to bother with puppy food) and certainly can come off by 6 months or so. (y)

Back