• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dogmobiles

I had to laugh about the breeder whose back seats of her van were in her basement. Both back seats of our Winstar are hanging from the rafters of our garage. We have a 2 <human> passenger minivan :D

We used to have a Kia Sedona, which is a huge 7 seater People Carrier, it was massive inside, I used to joke that we had to send search parties in for missing passengers and that if you yelled in to it you'd have to wait a week to hear the echo!! :rotfl:
We have 4 children you see, but what a great doggymobile that car was too! It had sliding doors both sides so we could take a middle row seat out, pop a big crate in and see to the dogs without worrying about the door getting belted or hitting another car on the side on car parks. Sadly we got to the stage where we quite simply weren't all using the car at the same time and as Mr.Brown was raising road taxes and the car was going to fall into a higher bracket we said Good-Bye :cry*ing:
We had to have a tow car however as we have a touring caravan, so we now have a nice 4x4 Land Rover, the baby one the Free-lander, no sadly not the series 2 although I did test drive one when they came out, I need my lottery numbers to come in to afford that one!! (they start at £23.000!! :yikes )

But I do have to admit that one of the topics of conversation at dog shows is "What is the ultimate dog mobile"??

We did this! We had a SUV, but got tired of lifting Abbey in and out and wanted to get something more functional by the time we got a second dog. Plus, we got tired of the bad gas mileage and of not being part of the solution. We traded it in for a wagon, and we love it! Both dogs can jump in by themselves and they then hop right up into the car seat where we buckle them in and give them a treat...they know they get a treat once they're buckled in, so they're usually barreling in on top of one another. They then lay down and hang their heads over to stare at the drawer (where the treats are) under the carseat. :rolleyes:

My last 2 vehicles were purchased based on the area available to the dogs. :drivecar: There is nothing wrong with that. ;)

Oh how much more doggie friendly cars could be. I have a 2 seater sports car which could so easily be adapted but as it is it's a testing time with a dog crate in the passenger seat.

Oh how much more doggie friendly cars could be. I have a 2 seater sports car which could so easily be adapted but as it is it's a testing time with a dog crate in the passenger seat.

Just be sure the crate isn't in front of an airbag.

We have a TV Motor Show here in the UK called "Top Gear" and a couple of years ago they featured a car, sadly I cannot remember what is was :confused: But it was aimed at dog owners, it was one of the smaller 5 seater people carriers, had sliding doors both sides and Laminate Flooring so that you could simply mop it out!! The only downside was when dogs with wet feet jumped in, they slid straight over to the other door! :( :paw:

Back