Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wallis Update

Post Thanks / Like

Aww Donna,

Wallis is such a little love bug It makes me happy to hear that she's doing so well. I kept my bordeaux around for years after she had her first tumor. I just let her be and figured as long as she still was rolling in snakes and killing them outside then she was fine.

CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss!!! I know it's hard, but you're really improving Wallis' quality of life I am sure and I am sure she's feeling a little better!! She must be good if she's chasing lizards.. speaking of, did you find the lizard intruder from about a week ago?

Whatever the case, she's sure beautiful and I love your new pic. I want a copy of the BIG one asap! so where is it?!?

Glad to hear that both Tibby and Sasha are OK - looks like they are just being divas

Take care
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

what a brave girl wallis is!!! she must get it from her momma....

i'm so happy to hear about her weight loss and that she is still in great spirits. i agree--just let her keep chasing lizards and shaking those pounds. you look after her so well. is it possible that tibby and sasha were excited about something that you didn't know about? indy 'loses it' sometimes around new dogs or in new situations and pees without thinking. he even peed on his treat bag once during a training class

thanks for the update

k
    Mom of Indiana Jones 'Indy' (Ruby male)

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet Wallis, Tucker and I are praying for you.
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like

Molly, our only "secret" is reduced amount of food. I actually changed her to Eagle Pack at about that time and when the vet said that she didn't need to eat more than 1/2 cup total each day then I went with that and have stuck to it. It was very hard for Bubba at first, and he still gives them all 1/2 a cookie every night.

Because of her heart and lungs, a lot of exercise is out of the question. He said that it would be okay to walk her but I'd better have a wagon to put her in because she would tire quickly and just lay down. And she gets a bit heavy to carry! (Although probably good exercise for me!)

Sorry, Sara, I thought I'd told you the rest of the story about the lizard. You know that first he was in the living room, hiding under a table. The next time I saw him he was heading under the bed in one of the bedrooms. Still no chance to catch him - they're fast!! Then the other night I went into the bathroom across the hall from that bedroom. As I put the seat down (MEN!) I heard a funny noise. I lifted the seat back up and there was Mr. Lizard, clinging to the side just above water level. I went to get Bubba and said I knew I should just "flush" but I couldn't do it. His response was to reach in and get the lizard and put him outside where he should live. Isn't that a good ending?
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

Donna, I wish you the best of luck and am thinking of you.
    Pam
    Pam
    Mummy to Miss Madeleine born 9/1/2006

Post Thanks / Like

We really appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers coming our way. And it's a comfort to know that there are so many friends here on CT that care what happens to my girl.
    Critter -

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear Wallis is holding her own. She is a strong little girl.
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Delighted to hear Wallis has lost the weight and is doing ok. I agree with everything everyone else said, once she's happy and enjoying life and chasing lizards that the important thing.
    Tanya, Mark and Cleo (Blen Girl Born 5th May 2006)

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest problem is the sinking feeling that I have when I hear anything bad, you know? It hurts. I'm glad to see her doing so well and hope she can live to be the oldest Cavalier ever (whatever that is) but I know better.

She does a lot of resting, but she LOVES to go outside!
    Critter -

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I am late on the 'draw' on this thread. I'm thrilled that Wallis is losing weight (albeit in a good way) and that she is in good spirits. I know you're taking fab care of her, Donna! Always thinking of you all-Natalie
    Barkleigh Bianca’s mom and dad