• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Nature's Variety

Kingofthehouse86

My store recently got in Nature's Variety frozen diet...And I must say "WOW!" the food was only in the store for a couple of days b4 it started selling like crazy. Oh and I was given a couple of frozen patties to try on King, and he loves it. I mixed it with his dry, and he gobbled it down. So I may stay using this instead of the canned food. Plus as an added bonus for selling the food, the company will feed King for life as long as I promote their food... I was like "Hey you feed my dog, and I'll say w/e you want about your food" lol. The only thing I won't give King (cuz I know he won't touch them) their frozen bones. If any1 wants to read up on the food check this out http://www.naturesvariety.com/

This is my first time posting...:). I faithfully read everyday however.. Today I feel compelled to share some thoughts. I have a Tri male Cav who is now 12 months. His name is Constantine aka 'Connie'. I was feeding Royal Canin, ENVO, Dick Van Pattens (gradually transiting him) but he got bored after a few meals of each of those. I tried cooking for him but he would tire of this also and would go days without eating. I had been reseaching RAW but had reservations. But I heard good things about NV so I gave it a try. 4 medillions in the morning and 4 at night. (and a few homemade treats here and there) It has been about 3 months and no more feeding problems. He hasn't missed a meal yet :) and his weight has progressed nicely. I know we don't need to cater to them being finicky but I was worried about him not eating. I even took him to the Vet and he gave him a clean bill of health. During my research on RAW BARF, I found many reports that you shouldn't mix RAW food with kibble. It supposedly causes digestive problems. It takes the raw far less time to break down and be excreted where as the kibble takes a few more hours. I read that if I was going to feed kibble; feed it by itself. For example maybe kibble in the morning and then raw at night or vise versa but never togther...does anyone have any additonal information on this? I feed 100% RAW now and feel more comfortable as now I don't have to deal with all of this pet food recall nigtmare. I have noticed that he is WAY more active, no longer scoots his rear on the floor. His stools are very small and far less. Good stuff that NV.

~Carmen

Faithey eats NV Raw in the mornings and kibble in the evenings. From what I know, Kibble takes longer to digest in the dog's systems.. so therefore if it's sitting with the raw, the RAW has more of an opportunity to make bad bacteria and make your doggy sick. I know of a few people who have fed both without any problems, but I personally wouldn't do it.

8 medallions a day?? WOW, that's a LOT!!! Are you still feeding that much or was that just through puppyhood?? That would be a fortune up here! :yikes I pay $20/bag for medallions! :yikes

Hope that helps even if it's a little tiny bit

I was told by the guy who helped us bring it into the store...that you could mix the RAW and kibble together to help wean them onto it. But as soon as they start giving me my free food for life, King will be eating RAW from now on... Not to be cheap but like I said if they want to feed King I got no problem with that...lol

Yes, that is 8 medallions a day and yes is is allot. I spend about 70.00 a month on food. But he is worth it. :) I just don't trust any kibble at all at this point. It is only 8 oz a day and it seems to keep him on the slim side. Thanks for all of your replies. (I do now remember about the problems with bacteria when mixing the two)

C

I just discovered that I can special order a case of chubs from my local NV supplier for $21 a case (6 chubs, which are 2 pounds a piece). I am thrilled because now I can alternate between Raw and kibble for all of my guys. I simply can't afford to feed all four of my dogs raw, it would cost me an ABSURD amount of money, but I am glad I have this alternative.

Currently, my shih tzu is the only one that eats raw all the time and he has come miles from where he was. We have actually made it half way through the allergy season without him getting any hotspots. His energy is much higher and he isn't half as pissy. :lol:

I am also really pleased with the NV canned food. Wet food usually gives Cody explosive "D" and he is doing really well with just a spoonful mixed with his kibble. I couldn't be more pleased.

Back