• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Feeding times advice needed

Emma n Renco

This is a quote from another thread:

Puppies between 8 and 16 weeks of age do quite well on 3 meals a day. They start out with about a large handful of kibble for each meal or about 1/4 cup. At about 4 to 6 months of age you may begin feeding your puppy twice a day, about 1/2 cup or so each time.

Was a bit shocked to read this, we have been told so many times that we have to feed Harvey 3 times a day and no mention of ever 2 times a day. Renco has to come home on his lunch to feed him because of this. We are feeding him the right quantities of food for his age and size and his is always so so hungry by each meal time. We really want to reduce to two times a day but he's so so hungry all the time even when we feed him more we are scared to reduce to 2 times. He's just over 4 months old now. Any advice??

Hi Emma,

I stopped feeding Scout three meals a day around four or five months old. She ALWAYS seems hungry and is a very, very good eater. I feed her 1/2 cup of kibble in the morning and 1/2 cup in the evening. She has steadily gained weight over the months.

I think Harvey will be fine on two meals, unless of course your vet says otherwise.

Back