Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOMED: Dublin foster needed - 6 yr old cavalier M

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default HOMED: Dublin foster needed - 6 yr old cavalier M

I likely have a female cavalier pound surrender coming to me on Wednesday and will need short term foster for her (two weeks at most, probably more like a few days or a week).

Anyone available to foster this lady? I have no info on her yet except that she's a blenheim. PM me or reply here and I'll get back to you! Person needs to be Dublin area.

Note: this is a male ruby!!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Karlin,
    As you know we are more than happy to accommodate any rescue as needed but as Twinkle is not fully vaccinated yet (and she has an ear infection at the moment) we are not able to help this time. I hope you are able to get her a home soon.
    Joanna

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Turns out to be a male ruby; in very urgent need of foster as his place has fallen through (Fosterer can't take a male with his male dogs). I am collecting him tomorrow to be sure he isn't pts but he needs a place to go for probably only a couple of days (maybe to Friday), possibly for a week.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

He is ADORABLE -- very roly poly and a bit of a marker (a few snips will rectify that as well as his very amorous approach to male or female dogs). But he is like a fat little teddy bear. He was SOOOO glad to be out of the pound and I was his new best friend all yesterday. Took him to his foster last night and he went straight up on her couch and rolled on his back for tummy ribs. She'd prepared him a soft bed in the kitchen and I'd say he will get all the attention he probably has never had. He's probably never been walked as he practically throttles himself pulling hard on the lead and he probably weighs 25lbs/2 stone or so -- so can't place in planned home with elderly lady who'd recently lost her cav to old age -- he's just too strong, needs obedience classes. I think he will be a delight for some family with kids though -- a merry little man!

They proceeded to put down nearly every other dog in that pound yesterday. I took out two, this fellow (Benjy) and a little terrier which I drove to some women in Co Meath before returning home. It is a grim business. Without rescuers who go into pounds though I'd never have been told there was a cavalier and he would have had the needle yesterday with all the others. :cry: Many many thanks to Ann for telling me of him and Donna for fostering, and TKC here for working with me to make sure benjy gets a new life.

Here he is before he was sprung:

Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Well done to all involved icon_banana
    Joanne
    Dogs- Molly,Jodie and Tara

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If Mary Mangan sees this: I am trying to reach you by email but the email is bouncing from your account, saying there's no known account. Can you email me again with contact details?

Regards --

Karlin
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Got your second email and have replied. icon_thumbsup
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Homed to a fantastic home. icon_banana
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Update

I got an email today from Mary, whose wonderful family adopted Benjy, this little ruby cavalier who had been surrendered to the Dundalk pound (his pic while in the pound is further up the thread). She gave me permission to post her comments and his photo. Doesn't he look shiny and happy?

Some people might be wondering how he is doing with his new owners.You can pass this message on to them. We got benjy almost two months ago. We love him to bits. He has brought so much happiness into our home again. Our last King charles died just before Christmas. He has been to the vet a few times. He has been vaccinated , wormed and flea checked. His glands have also been checked and he has been neutered. The vet said he has a good heart so I am pleased about that. He has been groomed as well so he has met everyone that will be doing things to him in the future.He is beginning to trust us that when we leave the house that we are going to come back. When we come home you should see the welcome we get. He is just starting to give us a lick.He is perfect for us. He just sits there looking at me. He loves his walks in the park. Here is a photo of him it was just taken this morning.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

im looking to give a king charles a good home please