• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The treats have arrived!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
The first box of my order of stuff from zooplus.ie arrived this morning from Germany! This is mostly cat stuff -- I wanted to try some of their different wet and dry foods so got a holistic, organic chicken dry food and two types of wet -- and a cat tree is coming. But also this shipment had the dog treats and the amount of tail wagging and sniffing at the box had to be seen to be believed... :rolleyes: :lol:

It is all stuff that cannot be got elsewhere, and very exciting for the dogs -- meaning, disgusting for us!

I got some treats made of beef lung, some chews of beef sinew, and -- the BIG hit -- beef tracheas. :grnyuk: These don;t smell that bad but they are pretty disgusting and they are HUGE. So I've had to cut them down with a bread knife (no one will ever have aq slice of bread in my house again) -- once trachea is fine for three cavaliers!

rinderstrossen_k3198_1.jpg

I have to say: these are GREAT! All three went mad for them and they are very long lasting but apparently far more disgestible than something like a rawhide. Inote they have ostrich tracheas which are presumably much smaller -- that will be my next order -- but they were out of them when I sent in for this batch. It will take us a while to get through the big bag though.

I got the greenies off that website and they are very quick!! With Fred having a sensitive tummy i don't think i would be able to purchase some of these treats!

The tracheas are supposed to be very low in fat unlike things like pig ears. I'll let you know if anything backfires (literally!! :lol:) with Lily as she is my one with a dodgy tummy.

Looked at the site. YUK the dogs might love them but i dont know if id b able to handle them.
Saying that the prizes are very good.

YUK the dogs might love them but i dont know if id b able to handle them.

I was thinking the same thing! I can't stand the smell of pizzle sticks so I don't think I'd be able for beef tracheas. They also have beef heads and lips on that site :grnyuk:

My guys go crazy for the cow tracheas. They are really REALLY hard to cut so I stole hubby's dry wall saw and a hammer and used that icon_whistling . They really don't smell that bad, I think the bully sticks are worse. I usually cut them in 1 1/2 inch segments and all four of my dogs are occupied :D

A serrated bread knife worked pretty well but a small saw would be good!

I didn't have enough courage to order the cow lips BTW. :lol:

I didn't have enough courage to order the cow lips BTW. :lol:

Don't think I could either :grnyuk: Pigs ears were bad enough, but just the thought of a cow smiling at you from the box :*gh:

I noticed that they even sell freeze dried Ice-Cream!! Might try some of that on my lot!

It all sounds like The Little House of Horrors :badgrin:

You guys get such variety. We thought it was awfully exotic when pigs ears hit the petshop shelves.

It is like something medieval. :lol:

We have almost none of these things in Ireland actually (pig's ears are about as exciting as it gets here, too) but the zooplus.ie website (there are zooplus websites for several EU countries) bases out of Germany and sell foods and treats from around the EU, hence this weird variety of 'natural treats' (though cow lips seems pretty unnatural to me!).

They have deer ears, ostrich esophaguses and all sorts of strange stuff.

My favourite weirdness are the treat sticks made partly from beef lung, and called 'lunginis'. Eewwwww!

Of course I ordered them.

Sounds like a secret code! Think I need to check that section out again, am running low on pigs ears and think the "cuddle" could do with a bit of variety!

P.S The freezed dried Ice-Cream I mentioned in an earlier post is on PetLondon and NOT Zooplus, SORRY!!

Back