Thread: Hugging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hugging

Do your Cavaliers hug? I think it's the cutest thing in the world, Fiona gives huge bear hugs when we get home...we'll sit on the couch, and she'll jump up and put her front legs around our neck and smother us with love
    Donna, Fiona's Mommy

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Logan does this, sometimes you'll get a kiss too then he gets all embarrassed and jumps off again!
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

absolutely! mine is a kisser. He doesn't go for the ears, it has to be the lips! yuck!! haha

He kissed a policewoman when we went for a walk today!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I remember some cavalier breeders saying on another list that cavaliers tend to split into two groups -- the lickers and the huggers. Jaspar is a hugger and likes to put his head on your face so you can't see or breath. But he mostly just gives a little single lick or two (though he likes to smell lips). Whereas Leo and Lily don't hug but are lickers -- both would polish your face.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with that! Logan gets very embarassed if he kisses you, sort of "Oh! I didn't mean to do that!" Whereas Darcy will have your make-up of in 20 seconds flat!!
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wesley is DEFINITELY a hugger. He will suffacate you with love if you aren't careful. Cody doesn't hug, but he lays across so so there is no way that he can be a centimeter closer to you, then will lick you to death. Zoey is a kisser as well.
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My Boxers are huggers & lickers and my Cavaliers are lickers. Beau goes for the ears, while Sonny goes for the lips. Errr a Boxer lick tends to wrap around your entire head.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

Abbey is a hugger and a licker. Sometimes I have to tell her to stop, she just goes nuts if you let her. In fact, today when I got home I walked into the office to toss some mail on the desk. She was so excited to see me that she jumped onto the desk chair, then onto the desk, then stood on her hind legs to get to me. That's a new one for even her!!
    Gus is a snuggler, he likes to be close, but he doesn't lick very often. In fact, we always tell him he's "stingy with the licks!"
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cleo's is a bit of both, By choice she's a licker and mould have you drowned in kisses. Mark won't let that happen though and so she hugs him, jumps on the sofa, up on her hind legs and snuggles her head into his neck!
    Tanya, Mark and Cleo (Blen Girl Born 5th May 2006)