• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hugging

Donna27

Do your Cavaliers hug? I think it's the cutest thing in the world, Fiona gives huge bear hugs when we get home...we'll sit on the couch, and she'll jump up and put her front legs around our neck and smother us with love :D

Yes Logan does this, sometimes you'll get a kiss too then he gets all embarrassed and jumps off again! :D

absolutely! mine is a kisser. He doesn't go for the ears, it has to be the lips! yuck!! haha

He kissed a policewoman when we went for a walk today!

I remember some cavalier breeders saying on another list that cavaliers tend to split into two groups -- the lickers and the huggers. Jaspar is a hugger and likes to put his head on your face so you can't see or breath. :rolleyes: But he mostly just gives a little single lick or two (though he likes to smell lips). Whereas Leo and Lily don't hug but are lickers -- both would polish your face.

Agree with that! Logan gets very embarassed if he kisses you, sort of "Oh! I didn't mean to do that!" Whereas Darcy will have your make-up of in 20 seconds flat!! ;)

Wesley is DEFINITELY a hugger. He will suffacate you with love if you aren't careful. :rolleyes: Cody doesn't hug, but he lays across so so there is no way that he can be a centimeter closer to you, then will lick you to death. Zoey is a kisser as well.

My Boxers are huggers & lickers :eek: and my Cavaliers are lickers. Beau goes for the ears, while Sonny goes for the lips. Errr a Boxer lick tends to wrap around your entire head.

Abbey is a hugger and a licker. Sometimes I have to tell her to stop, she just goes nuts if you let her. In fact, today when I got home I walked into the office to toss some mail on the desk. She was so excited to see me that she jumped onto the desk chair, then onto the desk, then stood on her hind legs to get to me. That's a new one for even her!!
Gus is a snuggler, he likes to be close, but he doesn't lick very often. In fact, we always tell him he's "stingy with the licks!" :razz:

Cleo's is a bit of both, By choice she's a licker and mould have you drowned in kisses. Mark won't let that happen though and so she hugs him, jumps on the sofa, up on her hind legs and snuggles her head into his neck!

Back