• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on Molly 5/24

Molly's mom

The other thread on Molly was so long I decided to start this one just to add a little update.

It's been a little more than 12 weeks since Molly's surgery and as many of you know we had a very very difficult time with recovery. But boy look at her now:)

With the exception of the occasional scratching, she is showing no other symptoms of SM. I am resigned to the fact that she will always scratch and have to take gabapentin and will never be able to wear her cute Coach collars, but of course none of that matters because she is still with us.

The fur on her back where they shaved her down for the pain patches is very slooowly growing back, funny enough the white fur faster than the black fur. We remain hopeful that it will grow in all the way eventually.

She got a little "pudgy" ;) during her inactivity and all of the hand feeding and yummy treats to hide the massive amounts of medication we were pouring down her, but her activity and stamina levels are building all the time.

We've had a heat spell here the last couple of day and it seems to have slowed her down a bit, but I really don't know if it's because of the SM or it's just the heat.

I am thankful to everyone for your support and advice during which was a really dark time for my family.
:dogwlk:

512506279_c5796998b7.jpg

512506273_7042de120b.jpg

Awww look at her. I am just so happy for you after all you want through, the unexpected ups and downs. Is she still on the pain meds or has that all settlesd now? I am sure her hair will be back in by mid-end of summer.

I am so glad to hear that your precious girl is doing well after a very trying time. Her coat will come back don't worry about that! She looks a very pretty young lady indeed, big kiss and a very gentle :hug: for Molly from me!

i am so glad that ye are coming out the other side of it!! she really is truly beautiful and her coat will grow back in no time at all!!

Is she still on the pain meds or has that all settlesd now? I am sure her hair will be back in by mid-end of summer.

Molly is on gabapenting 100mg 3X a day and that is all. I just got a call from the technician at Cornell asking for an update on Molly. She said Dr. Dewey will be thrilled at her progress. She also assured me that Molly's fur will be back slowly but surely. :rah:

After all you've been through it was soooo good to read that Molly is doing so well. Just look at that adorable little face!

What a great report!! Molly is such a beautiful girl. Can't imagine the ups and downs you've been through. It's so hard to see your puppy sick or in pain. You did such a great job taking care of her and giving her this chance at a life free of SM. :rah:

Thanks for the udpate--I was wondering the other day how Molly was doing.

While none of us want to even think of SM affecting our pups, the odds are high that it will in some way. It's nice to hear a story like yours. :flwr:

Denise

Oh that's just wonderful news...Molly looks so much better, that horrid "headache" look has gone from her eyes.

I'm so thrilled for you, it was heartbreaking to read about the dark times, you were all so brave, and it's lovely that Molly is doing so well and looking so much better.

Molly is just gorgious I am so glad she is doing so well I know it has been a long road to recovery just knowing she isn't in pain is good news I hope she continues to come back all the way.;)
judy

She's adorable, I'm glad the worst is behind her! What a little fighter! :rah:

Back