• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

At what age does the growth spurt slow down?

I'll be in that. What & where do we measure? We'd have to make sure we have our dogs in the same position & measuing the same bits. :lol: I haven't a clue how one measures a dog length.

Me neither! Guess we can make it up on our own. :)

I was thinking it would be hard to get Molly to stand still long enough for me to measure her while standing :dogwlk: so maybe I should try to measure her while lying down. But sometimes she lies stretched out and looks a lot longer than when she lies kinda curled up!

Okay, I guess I should have thought this out more before making the suggestion (LOL), but I'm gonna try for measuring her while standing still :xfngr: and I'm going to measure from withers to rump. How does that sound to you? If you'd prefer another type of measurement, I'm flexible. Or if anyone else has ever measured their dog's length and has suggestions, I'm open to them!

Will report back as soon as I get the measurement!
-laura

I'm game! I know that withers are, but where are you measuring to on the rump? Are you using the bone or going all the way to the tail? I'll try and measure him when he is standing. Right now he is curled up like a ball sleeping :) I'll shoot for the morning.

I measured smudge standing .....put a book on his back measured from front paw (on floor ) up to book 39 cms.Length normal stance from back of his collar to base of tail 510 cms. Weight is 13 k. yes he is big but a lotttttttttttt lighter than when he first arrived here 2 years ago and could not walk round the park.
alevrob

Oh! I forgot to post this... I very unscientifically measured Molly and came up with 16 inches "eyeballing" from withers to rump (stopped at base of tail). It's not easy measuring a standing dog from above!

So I think I might try the "book method" described in the previous post and see if I get a more exact read. I'll report back.

By the way, can anyone tell me what 510 cms is in inches? I just tried converting it via a online tool and it said 200 inches. I don't think that can be right!!

FYI, Molly weighed 17.5 lbs a couple of weeks ago.

-laura

Back