• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dylan isn't well

*Pauline*

Dylan has been sleeping a lot since he came back from boarding at his breeders. He played loads with another puppy all week there. Because of this I put it down to being tired.

On Friday I took him to Trafalgar Square as they had put grass down for 2 days all over the Square and to Covent Garden. I did carry him some of the time. Then yesterday I took him to puppy class (we got very wet on the way) then Colchester to play with my sisters dog.

So as you can see, he is probably tired but this morning he was shivering and didn't want his food. I put a soft fleece coat on him and he was still twitching. His eyes are tired and a little gunky.

I took him to the PDSA as I am not working (donations only fee) and though I gave a big donation, it's still cheaper than an emergency vet as it's bank holiday Monday today. He said there was no temperature, no swollen glands he hasn't been sick or had diarrhea but he gave him an antibiotic injection. Do you think this is OK? I hate antibiotics. I asked him about this and he said I could wait and see if he gets worse. I agreed to give the antibiotics today and he goes back tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that Dylan isn't feeling so good, give him a big kiss and a gentle hug from me won't you?

It could just be a virus, the fact that he hasn't a temperature and isn't loose or being sick is also good, I think it was a good idea to give the Anti-Biotics, it was most likely a product called "Synulux" which is a broad spectrum AB used for most things. I daresay Dylan will be back to his normal bouncy self very soon indeed!

Keep us posted!!

Thanks Cathryn. He is sleeping but looks a bit better after boiled chicken and rice for brunch. I know I shouldn't indulge a fussy eater but I want him to have energy. I boiled the rice and the chicken in the same pot so it's nice.

Pauline,

I'm so sorry Dylan isn't feeling well. :hug::hug::hug: to both of you. Keep us posted on how he's doing.

Dylan just got up and yelped a few times as if his legs were hurting and they dont look right. I'm relly worried now. They might just have been stiff from sleeping though.

I hope he feels all better soon. It's so sad when they aren't themselves like that.

:hug: :hug: couple get well hugs for Dylan from me & Lucky. :flwr:

Pauline, I'm no animal health expert, but if he continues to seem uncomfortable on his legs maybe call the vet for advice?

Last edited:
I've got an appointment at PM tomorrow at the PDSA but I'm going to call my usual vet tomorrow first thing. :(

I've got an appointment at PM tomorrow at the PDSA but I'm going to call my usual vet tomorrow first thing. :(

Yes, sounds like the best way to go, it may just be that he has a cold like virus, glad to hear he enjoyed his lunch made me feel hungry reading about it! Big Kiss and a very gentle :hug: for Dylan again from me.

Hope Dylan feels better soon, I'm sure it will be just a virus - I'm sure there must be plenty of bugs about this time of year.:paw:

What about the back legs though? I still think he is a bit wobbly or something and he did yelp before. That got me worried. But then he might just be a bit stiff from sleeping so much.

He has his Canine Good Citizen award exam on Sunday :( :( :( At class on Sunday he was all wet from our journey there. He wouldn't even do a down for me. Now I know he was poorly I feel so sorry for him. I shouldn't have taken him.

Perhaps he got abit of a chill. He may just be stiff from snoozing.... they do like to curl up into the smallest space possible sometimes... Is he okay in himself?

u are seeing the vet tomorrow? but maybe u should ring ur own vet in the morning and see what they say!

Maybe he is a bit stiff from playing with the other puppy and just worn himself out. Hope he is ok.

Hope Dylan starts feeling better soon Pauline... :hug:

Hope it's just a bug or something.. Faith caught something and had the runs for 2 1/2 weeks.. she just went normal again this weekend (thank God)

Fingers crossed for you guys! :xfngr: :hug::hug::hug:

Back