• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

eye question

coconut

Baxter my ruby boys has very runny eyes u cannot see it run but there is always big wet patches under his eyes!

I know these dogs suffer with there eyes should i get him checked by a vet?:confused:

Yes, just in case, but meanwhile clean and dry the area using a soft fluff free cloth or kitchen roll, dipped in warm, but not hot, boiled water. Use a fesh piece for each eye and, very importantly, don't use cotton wool, as the fibres can get into the eye and cause more trouble.

How old is Baxter?

I ask this as they can sometimes get runny eyes caused by the pain of their larger back teeth coming in at around 8 months old. Strange but true!!

Sorry! Just spotted he is 15 weeks? This is most likely teething pain but wise to get it checked out just in case!!

It probably is not a bad idea to get the vet to take a look, but from what I have read on this forum it does seem to be a fairly common problem within the breed.

I think a diet change sometimes helps. When we adopted Sonny he had really goopy eyes but by chance, after I changed his diet his eyes are now clear & no running or stains underneath.

Baxter is undrer 5 months but his eyes seem to be like that forever! i have the day off friday i think i will bring him to the vet to get it checked!

Back