• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A huge step forward (house training)

PamH

Maddy has been up in NH now for three weeks. I was really worried about her going backwards in her house training with the change. But she has not had a single accident. We have been taking her out every 4-6 hours and I believed it was because we were diligent about it.
She has never "told" us she needed to go.
Well, yesterday morning my husband had left a bag of almonds on the coffee table by mistake. She ate some! We have been very diligent about "puppy proofing" the house but messed up obviously. She didn't get the runs but had very nutty poo. We had just taken her our two hours prior (which was when I realized about the nuts) when she ran to the front door and barked! I took her out and she pooed again. It was the first time ever she had been communicative about needing to go.
I was so happy and proud of her.
Pam

Good Girl Maddy! cl*p cl*p She has obviously worked out that outside is where she needs to "go" :D

Don't beat yourself up about the nuts, you're only human and we all make mistakes now and again, the main thing is you spotted it and are keeping an eye on Maddy for any ill effects! We learn from experience!

Well done Maddy cl*p A big congratulatory(if that's even a word....:lol: ) :hug: coming your way (y)

:pi*no: :pi*no: :pi*no:
That is good news when they know they are suppost to go outside to poo+pee that is 90% of the battle it looks like Maddy is on the right track good luck. judy

Well, she is 8 months old now. She has not had any accidents at all in the last 3 weeks but I did think it was only because she was being taken out so often. Prior to that in Florida she had the odd accident but again was taken out often. It is just wonderful to know that it isn't just because we were lucky in taking her out at the right time. She is such a love. Still lots of nuts in the poo though! I guess she ate more than we thought... She seems okay. I did look online and it is mainly macadamia nuts that are the main culprit. But she definitely should not have been able to get them.
Pam

Excellent Maddy, what a good little girl you are!!!:mexwav:

Last week Breeze stole a can of smoked almonds off the TV tray in the living room. She punctured a few holes in the top, but didn't eat any, I must have come home just in time.

Back