• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

1500 members and growing

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I'd meant to post earlier that we had out 1500th member join last week and continue to grow at a rate of about 20 members a week. :) Between 150-200 registered members visit the site every day, and about another 1000 guests weekly. Those are very healthy figures for your cavalier community and I'm glad people enjoy chatting and sharing pictures, information and so forth. :)

We should reach an amazing 2000 in autumn or early winter. :) By early summer I hope to have the main website completed as well. Things move along slowly but steadily!

I am very happy with the new board software however and hope all of you are too. Whether you use such features as your individual profiles and blogs and galleries or not, I think there are some nice ways of managing posts now. For me, my biggest admin headache, spam registrations, has totally disappeared. Since the day we moved to vBulletin, I have not had one single spam registration. That is 6 weeks of no spam! I used to get 20 or more a day, all of which had to be hand deleted. If I was away I would return to an hour or two of deleting spam (and to be honest, the annoyance was more draining than the time it takes to do this). For this alone the software was worth every penny! :lol:

Congratulations on such healthy figures Karlin, no wonder you are proud! I used to belong to another forum and they used the Vbulletin software too, so I find this board very easy to navigate around anyway.

I think the most important thing to say here is a huge THANK YOU for providing these boards where so many Cavalier owners can come to have a natter about serious issues such as SM and MVD but can also have more lighthearted chats too. I love this board, I am on here way too much so I guess that is a good indication to you! My OH has taken to asking the kids "Is your Mum talking dogs on the computer AGAIN?" ;) ;)

So Once again Karlin, Thank You for these boards, long may your numbers continue to grow!!

Congratulations from us too

And a big thankyou for providing these boards, both my wife and I love it on here, just being able to chat to other Cavalier owners about their pets and experieces, and seeing all the fabulous photos posted here daily.....it really is a fantastic forum cl*p cl*p cl*p

That is brilliant karlin,:rah: but this would not be possible with out ur good work!

Thanks for all that u do for this board!! cl*p

That's fantastic new Karlin. :w**h**: :w**h**:

Thanks for all your work on this board. I love coming here and chatting with other people who truely appreciate how wonderful cavs are - and don't seem to think I'm a mad obsessive!

Thanks again. :thnx: :thnku: :wggle: cl*p cl*p

Congratulations :rah: and well done Karlin for such a kind and happy Cavalier community :flwr:

Sarah Xxx

I've only benn on this forum a little while but already I have learned lots meet a new friend and cav buddy for finn:D

So well done karlin:thnku:cl*p

I posted to say thanks to all of you -- and give you some background stats. I didn't mean for you to all start thanking me! :eek: :lol: A board is only as interesting or strong as its membership -- admins only build it -- and hope that you will come... :dogwlk:

The ultimate goal here is for people to feel happy and confident about their cavaliers, better understand the breed, learn best practice and new ideas and new perspectives on how to care for and train and enjoy them, learn more about and perhaps choose to help rescue dogs, understand and find information on health issues, and of course meet new friends on and off the board. At special times many of us also seek support in more difficult times, whether that be illness or a death, and that side of 'community' is also something I have valued myself.

I know not all threads or posts, topics or opinions suit all people, but I am confident there's always something for someone out there in amongst all the thousands of threads and posts members contribute. :)

Thankyou so much Karlin! This is so exciting!! :rah::rah::rah:

It's been so great seeing all these new faces lately!! :D

Karlin,

Thank you so much for all the time and effort you have put into the board. I really enjoy every minute I'm here reading and looking. I've learned much and had lots of laughs and a few tears. Again...Thank You!:flwr:

Back