• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

terrified of the elevator

arasara

Hi Guys ! I need help from all you experienced vetrans out there -

Kosmo is TERRIFIED of the elevator.. :eek: He puts the breaks on, makes me literally pull him in, and then when it's going his limbs are shaking like mad. I tried ignoring him and just acting like normal, but he is really freaked out.

Coming down last night I picked him up and he stuck to me like glue. He reminded me of a scared cat - all stiff! :lol: When I put him down on the ground, his legs were shaking and his tail was tucked. I can't even goat him in or out with a treat.. icon_nwunsure

We visit the second floor of the long term care facility (we got our uniform and badge last night - :w**h**: :w**h**:) so the elevator is inevitable unless I want to take the emergency stairs (and I don't!.) (the alarm would sound off.. the doors only open with emergencies because the home doesn't want to take the chance of a resident opening the door and falling down the steps.)

Any Ideers?? :xfngr:

:dogwlk:

i would pick him up and take him in .....then after a few trips put him down whilst its in motion ..it would be the feeling of weighlessness that frightens him ..he will get used to it in time ( many humans don't like them either )

good luck

I agree with Inca. We were on an elevator for the first time at Burbank and I was surprised neither of mine fought it. But Shelby stood there with her tail down and her legs spread out....poor little thing. But we rode that dang elevator so many times in two days that it got to be a big nothing. Maybe treat him a couple of times in the elevator so it becomes a good thing.

We had the opposite problem. Our condo in Florida is reached by elevator directly into the apartment. When Maddy came to NH she was afraid of stairs! She had never climbed any.
Pam

Back