• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tilly's Little Op!

Cathryn

As some of you may recall my parents have 3 Cavaliers Jake (Tri Boy) Tilly (Tri Girl) and Tasha (Blen Girl) all of whom I bred and all of whom are spoilt rotten by my retired adoring parents!! :D

Well Last week Mum called to say they had found a lump on Tilly's side and could I go have a look please? I went over and on her right hand side was a lump about as big as the tip of my little finger, black, a bit scaly and slightly weepy! We booked her into the vets where Tilly was prescribed Anti-Biotics and we were told to go back in a week if things hadn't changed. We were also told to starve her prior to that visit as she would be being operated on!

After a few days things hadn't changed so we starved her and she went in yesterday morning, the lump has now been removed, it wasn't deep seated (ruling out a tumour) and she has a small incision wound of about 2 and 1/2 inches.

The lump has been sent to the lab for a biopsy to be done, we believe at this stage nothing more serious than a wart, but better to err on the side of caution we think!

Here are a couple of pics of tilly for you, the first one was when she was just home and still a little woozy! (A bit cross too by the look of it!!
sleepingitoff.jpg

In this pic she has recovered just fine and was having a cuddle on my lap, well I had to see how my girlie was didn't I?
yourenotforgivenyet.jpg

I spoke to my parents this morning and am glad to say they report Tilly as being her normal happy self with no indications of even having been put under yesterday!!

Awww look at that little sweetie. It does sound like a doggy wart. My Boxers get these too and they have all been benign, but of course you can't be too careful & must have them removed.

Let us know the results when they come back.

She is adorable. What a little cutie. I found a lump on Shelby shortly after Jake's carcinoma incidence...scared the pants off of me! Ran her into the vet's immediately. Needle biopsy showed it to be a nothing growth (forget the exact wording). Know of another dog whose mom found a lump. Scared us bad. Turned out to be a nothing bump. But it's always a relief to get the word that it is indeed nothing.

Just a quick update for you all!

The vets have rung my parents and told them that the lump was benign, :rah: they think Tilly may have gotten stuck by a rose thorn and this was the end result, the vet did say exactly what it was but he has a heavy foreign accent and Mum couldn't understand what he said! :rolleyes: They have a follow up consult on Wednesday so Dad will ask what it was and let me know then.

But for now, Tilly is back to bashing up Jake when he tries to nick her morning treat and competing for the best spot on the sofa with Tasha as if nothing has ever happened, as she has a huge coat it is quite difficult to find her "bald spot" on her shoulder! Will let you know what it was exactly on Wednesday!!

Back