Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i am really worried about daisy....

Post Thanks / Like

Default i am really worried about daisy....

it started on wednesday when daisy wouldnt eat anything all day, then yesterday she was sick and had 4 different bouts of diarrehea which were really bad. then this morning we came down and there was sick everywhere and diarrehea everywhere, there was also a large pile of blood where she had diarrehea and a few drips of blood on the carpet. Daisy isn't herself either, very very sad and not happy. She also attacked Bluebell this morning for no reason, she went mad at her and hurt Bluebell. She is definately not right. I have made an appointment at our vet for 11.00am this morning, really worried though. Especially with Daisys DE/CC - what if this is something sinister?

I am keeping Bluebell and Daisy seperated at the moment, and Daisy is asleep on my lap.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fingers crossed

Hi,

I just want to say I hope everything goes well at the Vets with Daisy, it is the only way to find this out for sure. No advice really, other than Harvey has suffered from a very sensitive stomach and cannot handle dry foods at all well. The solution to this has been perseverence with chicken and rice mixed in with the food and a wonderful product from an animal nutritionist called canine digestion powder additive to aid digestion. Anyway, good luck today and keep us updated on how it goes...
    Emma and Renco Harvey & Bella's mum & dad

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh you poor thing, you must be so worried & poor little Daisy. Do let us know how you go at the vets.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear Daisy's not well, good luck at the vets and let us know how you both are

Post Thanks / Like

have u changed her food or worried her??
    Mom to freddie 1 yr old (blen), baxter 1 yr old (ruby) and molly 3yr old (tri)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, poor Daisy. I hope she will be okay.
    My thoughts are with you.
    Pam
    Pam
    Mummy to Miss Madeleine born 9/1/2006

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just for people who haven't followed previous Daisy threads, she has a quite serious autoimmune condition in cavaliers called Dry Eye/Curly Coat Syndrome.

Emma I hope you can get her more comfortable and that she is quickly feeling better. When a dog is ill they will sometimes lash out at other dogs; I am so sorry this happened as I know it is very upsetting to all. I sounds like perhaps she has some gastroenteritis and hopefully the vets can quickly make her better.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck todayfingers crossed for you.

Poor daisy

Post Thanks / Like

Back from the vet, i told her all about daisys sickness and diarrehea, and she asked a few questions (had she eaten anything funny - i said no) and then she put a thermometer up her bottom (daisy was in extreme pain with this) and then she took out the thermometer and it was covered in fresh blood. I was shocked at this , i think she was surprised too, i said that surely that wasn't normal, she says she isn't too concerned about the blood, but they have kept her in on a drip to get some fluid into her, and she said they will monitor her, i have to call them later this afternoon to see how she is getting along and they might keep her overnight. She looked really ill though when she was in there, the worst i have seen her. She did mention it could be a gastro thing in her , but i am concerned about the blood and how she is in herself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The blood can look worse than it really is. Lily had bloody diarrhea when she had gastroenteritis and was passing almost nothing but blood. With this, they can get dehydrated very quickly. She'll probably give Daisy a painkiller as well and something to settle her tummy. Be sure to let us know how she is doing; I think she will feel a lot better by tomorrow.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com