• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

i am really worried about daisy....

emmawright

:(

it started on wednesday when daisy wouldnt eat anything all day, then yesterday she was sick and had 4 different bouts of diarrehea which were really bad. then this morning we came down and there was sick everywhere and diarrehea everywhere, there was also a large pile of blood where she had diarrehea and a few drips of blood on the carpet. Daisy isn't herself either, very very sad and not happy. She also attacked Bluebell this morning for no reason, she went mad at her and hurt Bluebell. She is definately not right. I have made an appointment at our vet for 11.00am this morning, really worried though. Especially with Daisys DE/CC - what if this is something sinister?

I am keeping Bluebell and Daisy seperated at the moment, and Daisy is asleep on my lap.

Fingers crossed

Hi,

I just want to say I hope everything goes well at the Vets with Daisy, it is the only way to find this out for sure. No advice really, other than Harvey has suffered from a very sensitive stomach and cannot handle dry foods at all well. The solution to this has been perseverence with chicken and rice mixed in with the food and a wonderful product from an animal nutritionist called canine digestion powder additive to aid digestion. Anyway, good luck today and keep us updated on how it goes...

Oh you poor thing, you must be so worried & poor little Daisy. Do let us know how you go at the vets. :xfngr:

Sorry to hear Daisy's not well, good luck at the vets and let us know how you both are :xfngr:

Just for people who haven't followed previous Daisy threads, she has a quite serious autoimmune condition in cavaliers called Dry Eye/Curly Coat Syndrome.

Emma I hope you can get her more comfortable and that she is quickly feeling better. When a dog is ill they will sometimes lash out at other dogs; I am so sorry this happened as I know it is very upsetting to all. I sounds like perhaps she has some gastroenteritis and hopefully the vets can quickly make her better. :flwr:

Back from the vet, i told her all about daisys sickness and diarrehea, and she asked a few questions (had she eaten anything funny - i said no) and then she put a thermometer up her bottom (daisy was in extreme pain with this) and then she took out the thermometer and it was covered in fresh blood. I was shocked at this , i think she was surprised too, i said that surely that wasn't normal, she says she isn't too concerned about the blood, but they have kept her in on a drip to get some fluid into her, and she said they will monitor her, i have to call them later this afternoon to see how she is getting along and they might keep her overnight. She looked really ill though when she was in there, the worst i have seen her. She did mention it could be a gastro thing in her , but i am concerned about the blood and how she is in herself.

The blood can look worse than it really is. Lily had bloody diarrhea when she had gastroenteritis and was passing almost nothing but blood. With this, they can get dehydrated very quickly. She'll probably give Daisy a painkiller as well and something to settle her tummy. Be sure to let us know how she is doing; I think she will feel a lot better by tomorrow.

Thanks Karlin, i hope she does feel better soon. The vet said it could be Hemorrhagic GastroEnteritis (HGE). I shall let you know how she gets along...

:hug::hug::hug:

Hugs for you, Daisy and sweet little Bluebell too.

I hope Daisy is better soon. :flwr:

Emma, I've only just read this thread now. I'm so sorry Daisy is unwell. Big hugs to Daisy, Bluebell and yourself. :hug: :hug: :hug: Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Just rang the vet, daisy is on a drip and they are monitoring her, she won't be home tonight, they are going to keep her in, hopefully she will be better and she will be home soon, i miss her already...

I'm so sorry you are going through this with Daisy. I know what a joy it was to get Bluebelle home and they were getting along so well. It was best that you separated them. Daisy didn't need the aggravation of a puppy if she wasn't feeling well. Hopefully the vet will get her sorted out soon and she'll be back home feeling better.:xfngr:

That's what Lily had. There are some threads on it if you want to do a search as a few of us have had dogs with different stages of it. The vet is doing just the right things and she'll feel a lot better being on that drip and getting some fluids, and sleeping quietly. :flwr: Hopefully she can come home to you tomorrow.

Poor Daisy and poor you! She's obviously where she needs to be, although I know you miss her terribly.

Here's hoping that she's feeling well enough to come home soon! :xfngr:

*HUGZ* to you and Daisy hun.. I hope she starts feeling better soon. I remember having a little brother - they sure can be pesky when you don't feel good!! I am sure that's all it was. ;) It was good to keep them separated. I hope Daisy is up and back to feeling herself in no time!!

Did the vet have any ideas about why this has happened??

:dogwlk: :hug::hug::hug:

the vet didn't know where she got it from, could of been anywhere. I wondered if Bluebell brought it with her, but the vet didnt seem to think so as bluebell is in good health. i called the vet at 4pm this afternoon and she had had bloody diarrhea again, i hope we get her home tomorrow, poor little thing, its one thing after the other with daisy.

Back