• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cleo the Hero

Cleo's Person

Hey all,

I just wanted to share some news, and a big brag, about Cleo. Last night we stayed at my parents house, and Cleo was in her crate in the kitchen. At about 5am she began to go nuts, barking stamping in the crate etc. My Mam heard her and thought she needed to go out to do her business and so got up and went towards the kitchen.

In the kitchen, Mam saw a tall slim man, whom she initially thought was Mark. She started to say to him that she'd look after Cleo and he could goback to bed, when she realised it wasn't Mark. It was a burgular. :yikes He shouted something at her, which she couldn't understand and fled through the back door, over the back wall and was gone. Mam of course rang the guards straight away. When they arrived this morning at 8, they said that shortly after the phone call from my parents they had apprehanded two men, about 500 yards from my parents house, walking down the road with a Chorus box (a cable tv box) and they hauled them in.

Turns out these boys had just burgled another house near my parents. More than likely they were the guys who did my parents house as well - they only got a mobile phone. The guards said that these blokes have been doing break ins around this area for a while and they have been unable to catch them. They were only taking things you wouldn't immediately notice - like cable boxes - and disappearing into the wind. However, because my Mam called in the middle of the night, the guards think they have caught the guys who've done all these robberies. So they think Cleo is a hero as if she hadn't woken my mam, there's no way these boys would now be, quite literally at the moment, behind bars!

I know cavs aren't renouned for their guard dog abilities. Most likely Cleo wanted out to play fetch with and smother the guy in kisses. Nonetheless what a hero!

:rah: :rah: :rah: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv:

Oh you brave clever girl Cleo.... and thank the gods nobody got hurt. I'm pleased to hear that they caught the men.

Wow, excellent job Cleo! Jeez....must have scared your mom half to death. So glad they fled when they saw her. Extra special treats for that special little watch dog!!

Cleo, what a smart doggie you are protecting your family!!!

Three cheers for Cleo!!!:rah: :rah: :rah:

what a good girl Cleo! I can't imagine how frightened you mom was that there was a strange man in her house. Thank goodness he left and no one got hurt (thanks to Cleo that is :) )

Wow! That is fantastic! Good girl Cleo! Now hopefully the burglaries will stop as I know that is an unsettling feeling to not feel safe in your home. :flwr: :hug:

Holy Cow ! Did your mom have to be treated from being so frightened?? I think I would have had to be! :yikes I think that's my worst fear - waking up to or finding somebody I don't know.. :yikes

So glad everything is OK and nobody got hurt. Also it's great that Cleo is such a little watch dog. I have read before that although cavaliers are not great guard dogs, they are pretty good warning dogs, so I am glad that rang true in this case!! :)

I guess it's time to invest in an alarm!! :cool:

Way to go Cleo for saving the day and preventing others from being broken into!! :dogwlk:

Thanks for all the kind comments. Cleo is a little star - and, unknowingly, trading off her hero status when in my Mam's house, which I plan to rename 'Treat Central' :D

To all those of you who asked about Mam, she is ok - I think the fact she initially thought the burglar was Mark meant she was not frightened. Also there were 3 other people in the house that night, so she wasn't on her own. Finally, the fact that the police caught the guys helped. Remarkably, she's taking it all very well.

Arasara - they do have an alarm. I have no idea why it wasn't on. :eek: But it has been every night ever since. In our house, we don't usually set the alarm, lest Cleo set it off when doing through the doggy door - but it's been on every night since Friday.

Thanks again for all the kind comments re Cleo. I do think she knew something was wrong. Well don her! :luv: :luv:

Wow! That's such a cool story. I'm just glad everyone is safe, you never know what they could have done.
Cleo, you are wonderful :rah: :rah: :rah:

Way to go Cleo!! :rah: :rah: You clever girl!!

glad to hear that the guards caught them too, how long had those burglaries been going on? At least you can relax at night now knowing you have guard dog supreme Cleo around!! :wink:

Back