Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from New England U.S.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from New England U.S.

Hi My nickname is "Poopy". I am located in New England. I have come to seek out the Cavalier Talk Board to better educate myself about the breed. My very first Cavalier was from a puppy mill. Which I naively did not know exist during my search for the perfect puppy to love me. He was very special to me even though he lived a very brief life. He has touch my heart in a way I never thought any furball companion would come to mean so much to me. I am heart broken since he has been gone. Hopefully someday another Cavalier(s) will call me their mom. During this interim I hope to establish a good relationship with reputable breeders that care about the health of the puppy before the monetary gain. I learned a valuable lesson with my first puppy never buy a Cavalier that is too easily offered without any background information.

Post Thanks / Like

hi,sorry to hear your sad story.jus and alfie from ireland.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you had to go through such a sad period. But good for you in taking something positive away from the experience. Be sure to ask other Cavalier owners about their breeders. And research will pay off.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, Jus & Alfie, Cathy T. Thank you for your warm welcome. I am definitely here to learn, enjoy, and share all your love for the precious Cavalier!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am sure some of our members in your area of the world will be able to privately offer some suggestions regarding good breeders.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Tansy : Mindy Connie Roxy Neasa Gus
    In memory: My beautiful Jaspar Lucy Leo Lily Libby

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Karlin! Just from being on this board and reading the threads and links have taught me a wealth of information. I have found valuable information regarding CKCS organization and other above board breed clubs already. Wish I have done this before learning the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is very sad what you went through with your first puppy. You've come to the right place to learn about the breed and to arm yourself with the knowledge required to choose a puppy from a good breeder.

Welcome, from sunny Australia.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Caraline! I was under too much pressure to make a sound decision. Let alone, I did not know which breed I truly wanted to be a companion for life. This time I will pace myself with the information I gather for making a wise decision. In regards to the breeder and then the Cavalier puppy that would love to come home with me!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your first puppy. I hope you soon find a lovely little furfriend.
    Pam
    Pam
    Mummy to Miss Madeleine born 9/1/2006

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, PamH, for your kind words.

Is it strange to hear a puppy cry in your sleep? I still wake up in the early hours of the morning hearing his cry to go potty. Or just needing a little hug to reassure him that this would have been home. I feel like a sleep walker in a daze padding to his room.