• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from New England U.S.

pinkpuppy

Hi My nickname is "Poopy". I am located in New England. I have come to seek out the Cavalier Talk Board to better educate myself about the breed. My very first Cavalier was from a puppy mill. Which I naively did not know exist during my search for the perfect puppy to love me. He was very special to me even though he lived a very brief life. He has touch my heart in a way I never thought any furball companion would come to mean so much to me. I am heart broken since he has been gone. Hopefully someday another Cavalier(s) will call me their mom. During this interim I hope to establish a good relationship with reputable breeders that care about the health of the puppy before the monetary gain. I learned a valuable lesson with my first puppy never buy a Cavalier that is too easily offered without any background information. :paw::paw:

Sorry to hear you had to go through such a sad period. But good for you in taking something positive away from the experience. Be sure to ask other Cavalier owners about their breeders. And research will pay off.

Hello, Jus & Alfie, Cathy T. Thank you for your warm welcome. I am definitely here to learn, enjoy, and share all your love for the precious Cavalier!

I am sure some of our members in your area of the world will be able to privately offer some suggestions regarding good breeders. :)

Thank you, Karlin! Just from being on this board and reading the threads and links have taught me a wealth of information. I have found valuable information regarding CKCS organization and other above board breed clubs already. Wish I have done this before learning the hard way.

That is very sad what you went through with your first puppy. You've come to the right place to learn about the breed and to arm yourself with the knowledge required to choose a puppy from a good breeder.

Welcome, from sunny Australia.

Thank you, Caraline! I was under too much pressure to make a sound decision. Let alone, I did not know which breed I truly wanted to be a companion for life. This time I will pace myself with the information I gather for making a wise decision. In regards to the breeder and then the Cavalier puppy that would love to come home with me!

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your first puppy. I hope you soon find a lovely little furfriend.
Pam

Thank you, PamH, for your kind words.

Is it strange to hear a puppy cry in your sleep? I still wake up in the early hours of the morning hearing his cry to go potty. Or just needing a little hug to reassure him that this would have been home. I feel like a sleep walker in a daze padding to his room.

What a sad story, I am very sorry for your loss...and very excited for when you get another cavalier! :)

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You're in the right place to find out about reputable breeders and the types of questions to ask to properly screen potential breeders.

Thank you all for the welcome!

There is so much information on this board. I am so glad my husband told me to Google it. Hindsight. If I had did this before I would probably still have my furbaby.

Well, I am on the mends. He will always have a place in my heart even for such a short time.

These furbabies are so addictive!:paw: :paw:

HI and welcome. I am so sorry for your loss.:( ....You have definitely come to the right board to learn about Cavaliers....Hope you will soon find another wonderful cavalier:)

Back