• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on Dylan

*Pauline*

Well, he's acting fine, lots of energy, eating all his grub. He's on rice and James Wellbeloved at the moment while I wean him back from chicken and rice to onto just James Wellbeloved. I'm still adding extra water to his food as he won't drink much.

Dylan has only been doing one poo a day since he went on the chicken and rice and now he hasn't done a poo since yesterday morning, it's 11.10pm now

I'm going back to the vet to ask for blood tests.

What do you think?

Thanks for looking. xx

sorry, i don't have any great advice but i wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you and dylan. hope its nothign more serious adn he continues to improve adn get his potty schedule back to normal. :xfngr: lots of :hug:s coming your way

Sorry i also dont have any advice....but my thoughts are with you and Dylan....fingers crossed! hope everything turns out great :hug:

Edit to say: Um that thumbs down on the top of my post...dont know how it got there and dont know how to get rid of it..didnt put it in on purpose!!

I got rid of the thumbs down for you -- :) -- you probably just accidentally scrolled your mouse below the post box and that clicked the icon to mark the post.

Pauline, does your vet feel he should have blood tess? If not, I wouldn't worry about it for now. If they recommend them, I'd do them. They may feel it would be good to do them to be extra sure there isn't something else going on.

One poop a day isn't anything to worry about. For a lot of dogs, that would be all they'd do as the norm! He is probably a bit constipated now especially if he isn't getting too much water. I'd keep adding a bit of water to his food so he gest the extra moisture. :)

The vet said if he started having diarrhea or vomited he would have blood tests. He had yellow but semi firm/firm poos so she just gave antibiotic tablets. I would have liked to know what was wrong with him but I think a blood test would have really hurt him just for my curiosity, after all, he is on the mend. I hope I did the right thing.

It could be so many things that caused the problem. I only like to do procedures if they are really recommended by my vets. :) I think you took the right decision and you'll know the options and what to do if it arises again. A blood tests wouldn't necessarily tell you anything more than you know now. They don't hurt much -- my guys all gave blood toward the DNA genome research for Clare Rusbridge, and that is quite a lot that needs to be taken -- several vials!. If anything the main problem was only trying to keep them still -- Jaspar of course being the attention deficit child, got bored! But they weren't bothered at all by the blood being taken.

Hope Dylan is a lot better from now on.

Pauline, I'm glad to hear Dylan is on the mend. :luv: :luv: He's very lucky to have you to look after him. I think you made the right decision for now about the blood test. I think continuing to put water in his food for a while is a good thing.

My dog trainer insists we all put water on our dry food. She says dry food soaks up moisture and if the dog hasn't had enough water it's really bad for the dog.

Glad to hear Dylan is feeling better Pauline ;) He probably just caught a bug or something. Kosmo didn't poop at all yesterday either - I think it also depends on how much food they eat. ;)

Yikes! Water on all dry dog food?? I could never do that - I think I would be throwing out more than he would be eating :lol: Kosmo is known for keeping the same kibble in his bowl for a few days at a time :lol:

Take care! :paw:

Hey, I'm really pleased Dylan is feeling much better. I wouldn't frett too much about the lack of poos while Dylan is on the chicken & rice, because they poop much less & much smaller when they are eating that as opposed to kibble, also it can be paler than you might be used to.

Oh & I am with you... I don't like the vets to do invasive/painful things to my dogs if it is only academic & will not alter their outcome.

Back