Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rescue dogs poisoned in Kentucky

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rescue dogs poisoned in Kentucky

This has to be one of the worst of the worst things ever to have happened to a poor little rescue. I brought Charles back to Indianapolis 2 weeks ago after he was rescued from a mill. He was a funny little clown and full of love. My husband had just visited with the sweet boy last week-end and took pictures of him to post on Lucky Star's web site. We are all sick at heart.

Charles is a 6 year old Blenheim boy that was rescued from a mill in Oklahoma. He is a very sweet, social guy! He loves other dogs and is anxious if another dog isn't around, so he definitely needs to go to a family with another fur-baby. Charles hasn't taken to the leash very well yet, but he loves to run and play, so a secure fence is also a necessity. He doesn't have any marking issues, and his house training is coming along well. Charles has even fallen for his foster mom's 1 year old niece, so a family would be great for him. He rides very well in the cart at PetsMart and garners a lot of attention being such a handsome, well-behaved lad.

This was the description that was ready to go up on the Lucky Star website. Unfortunately, Charles' life was cut short by an idiot. He was apparently deliberately poisoned with rat bait and antifreeze at his foster home in Lexington, KY. His foster sister Foxy, a Lucky Star dog (Ruby) adopted last fall, is still in stable condition. They think Charles hogged most of the tainted food that must have been slid under the privacy fence around the yard. The phone rang as they were all going outside first thing in the morning, and the foster mom turned to answer it and never saw them actually ingest anything. They vomited up canned food (which she doesn't feed) laced with the poisons.

As the story continues to unfold, this has apparently happened in this neighborhood before but it wasn't realized until this story came out on the evening news and in the paper. (It doesn't make sense in the interview attached because they spliced up the interview.) Police have a suspect and are hoping to make a case against him as the investigation continues.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/7808592.html

The vet bill for the attempts to save Charles' life is going to be enormous! If anyone would like to help out with any amount, large or small, please contact via e-mail kimberly_olive@hotmail.com. Kim is the area coordinator with Lucky Star.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OMG ... this is just awful

What kind of person could do such a thing? Obviously they are seriously disturbed.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Words fail me. How could anyone do this
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

oh my god there is tears in my eyes how could anyone do that?
    Mom to freddie 1 yr old (blen), baxter 1 yr old (ruby) and molly 3yr old (tri)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What a shocking thing to happen. Who could be so cruel! Whoever they are may they receive as good as they give, may they reap what they sew!

I am so very sorry and sad.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

Oh My God.

I am sick to my stomach. How can someone do something like this??
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

That is just sickening. I'm heartbroken and so angry at the same time. Thank you for posting Kim's email- I just sent her a message asking what's the best way to send something to help with James' medical bills.
    Spencer and his mom, Whitney

Post Thanks / Like

The whole thing is just sickening!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a kid or teen. Can't remember the exact name of it, but it sounds like the disorder where the person feels no remorse... basically the kind of person that turns out to be a serial killer. They usually start young and on animals and they do it just to see what happens or they think its fun. But yeah, this person needs to be locked up before they start doing it to humans.

Post Thanks / Like

words can not describe the sick acts that person did. how could anyone do that to such a helpless loving creator...
    Lauren
    Brady's Mommy (D.O.B 4/25/2006)