• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Back from Hols and collecting a new furbaby tomorrow

Sue.k

Hi Everyone,

I am back from my holidays, had a great time. I am so excited, I am collecting a six year old tri girl tomorrow. Before I went on holidays my partner rang me from work (he is a delivery driver) and asked me if I wanted a new little girl. Her story is pretty sad :( The woman that has had her for the last year can no longer keep her, she hasnt got an enclosed back garden and she has two young children so she doesnt feel she can give her the life she deserves. She seen an ad a year ago for puppies for sale and "the mother is free" she rang and arranged to collect the dog, the people met her on the side of a road somewhere (too ashamed propably to let her know where they live) she was in a terrible way when she got her, she was badly matted, had to have 4 teeth removed, had a hernia, an eye and ear infection and they failed to tell her that she is deaf. The poor little thing was just being used for breeding. She is a happy little girl now, she has been spayed and is well looked after. I brought Prince to meet her yesterday and they got along just great, I am collecting her tomorrow because my partner will be off for a week so we can settle her in. I would like to thank Karlin for all the help and advice she has given, I wll post pictures to you all as soon as she is settled :)

Poor little sweetie. Well it sounds like her life is about to take a huge turn for the better. :luv:

aww poor sweety, that's so great your adopting her!!!! Finally she will get a great life!!! I can wait to see photos of the sweety... whats her name?

Thanks guys, her name is Lucy, I have just ordered her a puppia, she is going to be so spoiled, I have butterflies in my tummy all day, I wish I was collecting her tonight. I will get pictures as soon as I can, I have told my other half to make sure the camera is charged, I am going to be snapping every moment with Lucy and Prince :dogwlk:

I must be tired, I'm welling up here! :rolleyes: That poor girl. I'm glad she's going to you.

Please post pictures as soon as you can. Enjoy your day tomorrow, I'm excited for you :rah:

Oh, I am sooooo excited for you.

Can't wait to see pics, and bless you for taking this girl in and giving her the spoiled life that every Cavalier deserves. :dogwlk:

Good to know that she is going to be alright now. I always like to hear that a dog is going to a loving family, and I dont understand how anyone could ever want to harm one.

Much love and cuddles to your new girl!:luv:

This is so heartwarming - not only will Lucy get a loving home and family, but Prince will have a cavvie companion.:lotsaluv:
Please post lots of photos!:snap:

I will post pictures as soon as I can, thank you all for you kind words, I am so excited, not long to go now. I am sure there are going to be tears when I collect her :cry*ing: , the woman that has had her for the last year really has taken great care of her, its just she hasnt got an enclosed back garden so she had her on a rope during the day and in the house at night. She also has 2 very young children and she really feels she cant give Lucy the time she deserves. She is going to be upset handing her over to me, I have promised her I will text her every week to let her know how she is:luv: , I have also told her about this site so I am sure she will look in every now and again to see pictures of Lucy. Well, only 7 hours to go :rah: I will let you all know tomorrow how we got on :dogwlk:

That sounds like a win/win situation for everyone. I will be watching for updates as she gets used to Prince!

Back