• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lens Luxation

Chardonnay

Does anyone know anything about this?

My Brittany spaniel was in a bad car accident three months ago. Seems the lens in his eye has become completely detached. I have to monitor his eye and administer anti-inflammatories and eye drops and report to the vet about any changes, obvious signs of discomfort, etc..

Has anybody else had experience with this? Should I be worried?

Oh my goodness. No I've never heard of this. Have heard of a detached retina, but not lens luxation. Please keep us posted on how she is going and I do hope she heals up swiftly & completely.

Seeing an opthamologist is the next step should his vision continue to deteriote and the pressure in his eye increases causing pain. I understand one of the big risks with this condition is the development of glaucoma. Surgery may be recommended.

But he's a 13-year-old dog, wouldn't surgery of this kind be more harmful than helpful?

I'm afraid I can't comment on the surgery - I've never heard of this condition before, and don't know the pros and cons etc. I just wanted to say I'm thinking of you both. Keep us posted on how he's doing. :flwr:

Back